[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Sitemap HTTP Error

Nathan_R

I have a sitemap HTTP error in Google search console. I added the Apache rules, but I can still go to my site \?sitemap=1. I have the following error when I requested an index of the website:

Excluded by ‘noindex’ tag

It also gives me this error: No: 'noindex' detected in 'X-Robots-Tag' http header

Thanks,

Nathan

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Sorry for the ignorance but your sitemap is opening just fine:
/sitemap_index.xml

Did you try submitting the same URL to Search Console as your robots.txt file seems correct?

Looking forward to helping you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hello,

I can see the x-robots-tag: noindex header being sent through along with your sitemap, and that prevents Google from indexing it.

This header might be automatically added by one of your plugins, by your hosting provider, or maybe it is defined in your .htaccess file.
Please try deactivating all other plugins except Rank Math, and then try submitting the sitemap. If that doesn't help, please share your FTP access details and your WP login details in the Sensitive Data field, and we will take a look at this issue.

Thank you. 

• Support

Hello,

Can you please share your WP Login details also so that we'll check that for you?

Looking forward to helping you.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hello,

It turns out I was wrong in my previous response: the XML sitemap is supposed to have the noindex header, as we don't want it to appear in the search results and compete with other pages on your site. This means that the header can't be the source of the problem.

Where exactly are you trying to submit the sitemap URL in the Search Console? The sitemaps are automatically submitted by Rank Math so normally you don't need to send it manually. You should see the sitemap(s) listed under Index > Sitemaps in the newer version of Search Console.

If the error is still happening, please create a screenshot of it and share it in the Sensitive Data field.

Thank you. Looking forward to your response.

Hello,

Thank you for your cooperation.

I have accessed your site through FTP and I made a small change in the code responsible for the sitemap module in Rank Math.

Please try submitting the sitemap again and let us know the results.

Looking forward to your response.

Hello,

From your screenshot it appears that you have submitted your sitemap for indexing in the search results. Normally that is not something you want to do: you don't want your sitemap_index.xml to appear in the search results. I have accessed your site again and added back the noindex header to prevent that from happening.

Can you please tell us or show on a screenshot what you see in the Sitemaps tab in Search Console? That's where the sitemap is supposed to show up when it is submitted.

Thank you. Looking forward to your response.

Hello,

Thanks again for the screenshots. It seems that Google is simply unable to fetch the sitemap, i.e. the request fails when they are trying to download it.

I just checked it and I was also unable to open your site: I'm getting "HTTP error 522" (this is probably the general HTTP error Google mentioned in the Search Console). I tried to load both your sitemap and your homepage on multiple occasions, and I keep getting this error.

I added a screenshot of the error in the Sensitive Data field.

Please ask your hosting provider about the issue.

Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

I'm highly suspecting (sure TBH), the errors are popping up due to server issues.

Your website is still throwing website can't be reached error and sometimes it's too slow. I'm sitting on a 200MBPs connection and everything else loads perfectly fine.

This site can’t be reached co****p.**’s server IP address could not be found.

Can you please share more details about the hosting and the server specs?

Please stay advised that Google takes page speed very seriously and could penalize your website for slow loading times.

I would highly recommend switching to a better hosting or getting these errors fixed by your server guy.

Please check the link I added in the sensitive area. Even proxy servers are not able to resolve and connect your website.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Hello,

Thank you for pointing out the URL issue in the test. Your site seems to load correctly now for me.

The sitemap problem is still kind of a mystery though: all third-party tools show that your sitemap files are readable and do not contain any error.

https://monosnap.com/direct/1bb4Ma0NYxcUHYFdmDPoAGEBcvAChC

Furthermore, we did not encounter such issues on other user's sites, even though we passed 10,000 installations with Rank Math.

I see on your screenshot that the last time Google tried to read your sitemap was 3 days ago, and perhaps the server issues were still happening at the time. Can you please try to submit your sitemap again and see if the "Last read" date gets updated?

Please let us know the results. Thank you.