[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Similar Pages

michaelbeale

• Support

Hi Michael,

> Question 1

Yes, that's the idea. If you use a silo structure for your website, this is the best way to ensure you get maximum SE visibility on your pillar posts. If you think all content on your website is created equal, there is no need to use the pillar post option. 

> Question 2

Just like you would without Rank Math. On the right-hand side of your blog post edit area, assign a category to your post like this: http://i.mythemeshop.com/l45plQ

> Question 3

You can't use a category with pages so this only applies to posts. For the pages, you should be getting Link Suggestions with ALL pages marked as pillar content.

Hope that helps and please do not hesitate to let us know if you need our assistance with anything else.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop.

Yes, it does. To enable that, you have to head over to WP Dashboard > Rank Math > Titles & Meta > Posts and once there, enable Link Suggestions. 

R9k2q0+

Once you have done that, a new section will appear on the right sidebar of your post editor screen like this:

PODTiA+

Hope that helps and please do not hesitate to let us know if you need our assistance with anything else.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Thanks,

It's not giving me the suggestions I thought it would. Can you point me to somewhere that explains how it work? On looking at a couple of pages it's suggesting the sites homepage - but not necessarily relevant pages (In my view). 

I think this is potentially a very useful feature, I may be missing something.

• Support

Hello,

Currently, the plugin shows the related content which is marked as Pillar articles aka CornerStone articles/pages.

So, that might be the reason. Is there any other free plugin which is offering that feature so we can take a look at it?

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Thanks,

However I need a bit more of an explanation to understand what you're saying,

How's does the plugin choose what is related content and what isn't?

Do you have an article on 'pillar / cornerstone content' and what specifically do I need to mark as Pillar content?  I assumed (may be wrongly) that I only mark the most important page of a content series as Pillar content.

ie I have say 10 pages related to the term 'NLP coaching' I've assumed I only need to mark the most important page as Pillar content,

(I'm not aware of any plugins that offer this - although I'm going to check again with Yoast, in case I've missed it),

Michael

• Support

Hi Michael,

This is how it works:

Say you are writing blog posts about laptops. You have various categories like Gaming Laptops, Work Laptops, 4K Laptops, i9 Laptops, etc.

Now, you are writing a pillar post inside the Gaming Laptops category and you titled it "Best Gaming Laptops Money Can Buy in 2019". Now, once you write non-pillar post inside the "Gaming Laptops" category, this "Best Gaming Laptops Money Can Buy in 2019" will show up as a related post in the section I showed you in my screenshot:

PODTiA+

This is where you set a blog post as a Pillar post:

kudRzK+

With that said, in a upcoming version of the plugin - we are going to have an entirely different method of showing relevant posts based on the content and the topic you are writing about.

• Support

Hi Micheal,

Let me give it another try :)

So your website has these categories:

- Gaming Laptops
- Work Laptops
- 4K Laptops
- i9 Laptops
- Netbooks

Inside the `Gaming Laptops` category, you have these posts:

1. MSI GS65 Stealth Gaming Laptop Review
2. Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 Comes with 8GB GDDR5X VRAM
3. MSI GT75 Titan is a Big Gaming Laptop
4. Best Gaming Laptops Money Can Buy in 2019
5. Why Water Cooling for Gaming Setups is Over-Rated

Now, let's assume only `Best Gaming Laptops Money Can Buy in 2019` is a pillar post in the `Gaming Laptops` category.

Whenever you go to edit the other 4 posts, you will see `Best Gaming Laptops Money Can Buy in 2019` as a Linking recommendation since it belongs to the same category as other 4 blog posts and is marked as a `Pillar Post`.

I hope I am making sense.

Do let me know if it is still confusing.

Thanks for your patience, appreciated.

(As a bit of background I've four websites and I'm currently testing Rankmath on one of them (The rest use Yoast), my initial impression is there is a lot to like about Rankmath, but I have to understand how it work, and see it has any impact on my rankings before committing to it  for all four sites), so I need answers to what may seem trivial questions!

Question 1

I'm assuming the basic idea is that if we have a category, it's useful to ensure that all within that category link back to the 'pillar post'? Which makes sense, is this the basis behind this?

Question 2

For this to work inRankmath, do I have to assign a page/post to a category? If so how do I do it?

Question 3

This site is set up with pages rather than posts. Is this OK or does it cause a problem,

Thanking you in anticipation

Michael

• Support

Hi Michael,

> Question 1

Yes, that's the idea. If you use a silo structure for your website, this is the best way to ensure you get maximum SE visibility on your pillar posts. If you think all content on your website is created equal, there is no need to use the pillar post option. 

> Question 2

Just like you would without Rank Math. On the right-hand side of your blog post edit area, assign a category to your post like this: http://i.mythemeshop.com/l45plQ

> Question 3

You can't use a category with pages so this only applies to posts. For the pages, you should be getting Link Suggestions with ALL pages marked as pillar content.

• Support

Hello,

It was a pleasure helping you. We are glad you found our help useful. If you have any other questions in the future, do let us know. We are here to help you.

Could you please leave us a testimonial (if you haven't already done that) on about your overall experience with the plugin and the support? This will help us serve you, our members, better. We appreciate your time and patience.
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/seo-by-rank-math/reviews/#new-post

Thank you in anticipation.

• Mili locked this topic