[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[SociallyViral] Free Vs Paid Version

scooters

Hi there,

I am considering the SociallyViral theme. I see there are two options: one free and one paid. I have read about them both and tried the demos and I am having a hard time seeing the difference. Would you mind pointing out the obvious differences that I am missing?

Also, if I were to start with the free version to make sure I like it but then decided to go with the paid version, would I need to reinstall and configure the paid version all over again? Or would I just update the theme? (The only clear difference I can see is the version numbers.)

And lastly, in regard to all of the themes, are there any that are significantly faster than others? I am drawn to SociallyViral because it is light but I'd love to get an idea of similar themes that will load as quickly as possible. In the past I've tried MagXP, Schema, and Splash. (These are all great themes by the way, I just am drawn to the SV layout.)

Thanks!

• Support

Hello,

1. - First of all Free version of theme do not have a Theme Options panel which the Pro version have.

- In free version, you can not get an option for Subscribe box.

- Header social icons are fixed. You can not add more buttons in the free version.

- In Premium version you can get two layouts, can easily customized and many more.

2. Both are two different themes. So after you start with free version and when you go to Premium version, you have the posts, ages etc but you need to set the page/post styles, widgets, menus again.

3. Yes, SociallyViral theme is also a light weight theme and loads in less time.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

I uploaded the free version myself last night just to preview, and the free version is not very customizable. (At least not to the standard I have come to expect from Premium MTS themes). Which is fine, it's free. 

I really hate to point this out because I've used MTS themes frequently over the last few years and overall I've been very happy, but the placement of the features on SociallyViral is misleading. (I'm referring specifically to this page: https://mythemeshop.com/themes/sociallyviral-free/) The Pro features are listed between the free version description and demo and the free version features. And since the same color scheme is used for both, it is easy to miss that those features don't actually apply to the product on the page. 

Again, I'm not complaining about the theme. I appreciate the wide selection of free themes available. I will likely end up purchasing the pro version of SociallyViral, but I do want to point out that the upsell for a premium theme with the same name, logo, and color scheme in the middle of a page for the free version is extremely confusing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Support

Hello,

@sheenazdevil:

Please start a new thread of your own under the Free support section so that we can help you better there.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.