[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Portfolio] Displaying non-square images on the Home page

tim6

Hi,

The 'Portfolio' theme looks ideal for my wife's art work, however most of her paintings are rectangular.

Is there any way that images displayed on the 'Home' page can be any shape other than square?

Many thanks,

Tim

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop.

We can help you to change the thumbnail dimension as per your requirement.

But you need to use all images of same ratio for a better result.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Thanks for your very quick reply Jitendraa. I suppose that's our challenge - some are 1:1 ratio, others are 1:1.5, 1:1:8 etc.

If I put a rectangular image on the Home page, would the theme crop it? If so, from the top down so it would lose the lower portion?

The current web site at http://jneill-art.com/Home.html shows how different aspect ratio images appear, eg: on the Gallery 1 page. This is how I would like the 'Portfolio' theme to appear on its Home page. SO: if I always placed each image inside a black square on the Portfolio Home page and the Home page background was set to black - would the images appear in a similar way as the current Gallery 1?

I know that I could make sure they are all square by placing recatangular images on a white or black square, but then there would be a visible band each side of the painting.

I would like to allow visitors to click on a Home page image and then be taken to a page showing only that image, but full screen. Is this possible?

Kind regards,

Tim

Edited by tim6

• Support

Hi,

If the theme doesn't crop the images then the layout will no longer be a grid, it will just look like different image sizes.

However once they click on the cropped square image, the full image will open. I think that is what you are looking for.

The theme Portfolio cannot redirect to a specific page, it will just open the portfolios as shown on the demo on the homepage.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Thanks for your comments. I don't understand wehat you mean by 'The theme Portfolio cannot redirect to a specific page,'.

In the Demo, there are several buttons at the top of the Home page (All, Nature, Graphics, etc.). If you click one of these we get a filtered selection of the images. Are you saying that the theme  is still on the Home page but has applied a filter based on the category of the images?

I need a theme where I can create several 'Gallery' pages, launched from a menu button and each with a grid of images. Clicking an image shows it at a large size. I am not sure that 'Portfolio' can do this.

Regards,

Tim

• Support

Hello,

What I mean by this:

The theme Portfolio cannot redirect to a specific page

These image links on the homepage: https://snag.gy/LCZldt.jpg  they cannot link to a custom page. They can only open the image on the homepage as you see on the demo of the theme.

Now if you want a menu button to go to a gallery page that can be done.
These menu buttons here https://snag.gy/OHDpvd.jpg   can go to any page. 

Does that help?

Thanks,

• Mili locked this topic