[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] product filter widget results appear as 404 error

gcearienreijs

Hello,

I have set up some productfilter widgets in my shop. These filters are based on some product properties.

It is great that I now can easily monitor my 404 errors, but now these productfilter appear in my 404 errors and get hit quite often. See att.

There are many more 404 error of this type by the way, but it is just meant to give you an idea.

Is there a way to avoid these being indexed? Of any other solution to prevent this from happening?

Should you need admin access, pls let me know.

Thanks, Arien

Schermafbeelding 2018-11-29 om 11.41.30.png

Schermafbeelding 2018-11-29 om 11.42.10.png

Schermafbeelding 2018-11-29 om 11.44.17.png

Edited by gcearienreijs

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today.

If the 404s are generating because someone searched and did not find something on your website, it is best not to redirect them to a different page.

Instead, you can make the 404 page more useful by showing popular products from your store.

Also, set up Google Analytics to collect the searches made on your website and which are resulting in no result and try to add products to such queries.

If it's something else, please let us know. Looking forward to helping you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hello Montgomerie,

Thank you, but I believe there is some kind of misunderstanding. The 404 are definitely not generated because of search behaviour.

Filters (widgets) have been set up in such a way that they will always display some products.

I believe the product filters themselves are showing up in 404 report. It looks to me as if they are being indexed.

So my question is if you can block indexing and caching of the productfilters and the product attributes which are the base of the filters.

Hope all is clear now. If not, please let me know.

Thanks, Arien

• Support

Hello,

Please share your login details in the "Sensitive Data" section by editing your first post on this ticket and follow the instructions shown in the screenshot below:
sensitive.jpg

Please make a reply once you update the details, so we get notified.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Can you please tell us steps to recreate this issue on your site? I checked the page where the product filter is shown and I selected a few filters to filter products, then I checked the 404 monitor log and it didn't show those filters.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.