[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Video] Process For Updating Content Onto The Video Theme

hughes27

Hi there,

I am considering downloading the 'Video' theme (https://mythemeshop.com/themes/Video/) but I was wondering if you can help me understand the process of updating the pages to display the various videos? Is there a CMS in the background that would enable an administrator to easily select what videos are displayed on the pages and in what order (homepage for example)?

The reason I ask is that this will be managed by a non-technical person, who couldn't be trusted with accessing the WordPress site itself.

I'm looking for a theme that can be easily updated on a daily basis with new video's to display as a priority order on the pages. If someone can help me understand the process for how this content is updated, then that would be a fantastic help.

Thanks,
Pete

• Support

Hello Pete,

The only other page the posts will be displaying other than the homepage is the category page.

If all posts are in the same category then they will keep the same order on the category page as on the homepage.

The posts will also be ordered by date on category pages.

You cannot change a date without accessing WordPress. WordPress in it'self is a content management system and is the easiest one to learn. You can create a username for your client and make them editor, then when they login they won't see all the admin settings such as plugins, but they will just see posts option and then they can change post date.

• Upvote 1

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today.

The order of the videos on the homepage are set by the latest videos first.

So if you want to modify the order you can just change the publishing date of the videos.

It's pretty easy to upload videos, it's just creating a new post and then adding the video URL and then publishing it.

Hope that helps. If you have any further question(s), please let us know. Thank you
  • Upvote 1

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

If you want to make the homepage posts of certain order, then you need to adjust the publish date as per that so that it will order as per the latest post publish date in the home page.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

But how does that impact other pages? If I changed the publish date to make the posts appear in a specific order on the homepage - how does this then impact the other pages. Surely they are also ordered by the published date?

My question is; is there a mechanism for ordering posts differently by page?

One more question, if I may, how does a non-technical person change the published date without accessing WordPress directly? Can this be done via a content management system, or an admin page?

Many thanks in advanced,

Pete

• Support

Hello Pete,

The only other page the posts will be displaying other than the homepage is the category page.

If all posts are in the same category then they will keep the same order on the category page as on the homepage.

The posts will also be ordered by date on category pages.

You cannot change a date without accessing WordPress. WordPress in it'self is a content management system and is the easiest one to learn. You can create a username for your client and make them editor, then when they login they won't see all the admin settings such as plugins, but they will just see posts option and then they can change post date.

• Upvote 1

Perfect, thank you. Everyone's help has been much appreciated.

The website I am building is for my daughter, who is 7, so may struggle to navigate around WordPress, but I guess I could lock it down and explain the process, plus it would be good learning for her.

Thanks again!

• Support

Hello,

That's great to have a website for a 7 year old. :) It will indeed be a great learning experience. We need more girls into the web development careers ! :) Rock on ! :)