[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Need help fully uninstalling RankMath

tim12

Hi there,

I was using RankMath for a while but it started giving me problems. I had strange issues where I would create a new page in WordPress, make some edits, then update the page and after the refresh, my page would be gone and replaced with a random blog post. I never could get back to the page I was trying to edit. Once i disabled RankMath, the issue cleared up. That being said, I deactivated RankMath and uninstalled it. 

The problem I am facing now is that even though the plugin is gone, every time I activate a plugin, I am sent to a page

https://www.<URL>.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=rank-math

and receive an error "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page"

-also-

On all of my pages I still have the RankMath Custom Fields table.
With all the RankMath values...
rank_math_facebook_enable_image_overlay
rank_math_facebook_image_overlay
rank_math_permalink

etc...

Can someone help me to understand why these elements are still showing up after removing the plugin?

Thanks!!

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Can you please let us help you with the issue? If so, can you please add your website's WordPress login details in the sensitive area?

If you do not want to stick around, please add the following function to your theme's functions.php file:

add_filter( 'rank_math_clear_data_on_uninstall', '__return_true' );

and then uninstall the plugin. Please stay advised that this action is irreversible and you will not be able to recover to the data of Rank Math unless you have a backup with you.

Looking forward to helping you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

I added the snippet of code to my functions.php. I reinstalled, activated, deactivated, then deleted Rank Math. The attributes in the Custom Fields have been cleared but I still have an error when I activate a new plugin.

When I click "Activate" on a New plugin (or an existing deactivated plugin) from the plugin page, I am redirected to the following page:

"Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page"

Edited by tim12

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for providing the details.

It seems like a cache issue overall.

This is what I did:
1. I installed Rank Math back and configured it through the Setup Wizard and imported over all the settings
2. Deactivated the conflicting plugins, Yoast & Schema
3. Then I cleared the cache of WP Fastest Cache plugin
4. Tried installing a new plugin and nothing was redirecting
5. Then I edited one of the pages (wp-admin/post.php?post=2058&action=edit) and it saved correctly.

I have kept the changes as such for you to review.

Please let us know how can we help you further here.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Thank you for doing that...However, if I disable and delete Rank Math the problem comes back....

After DISABLING AND DELETING RANK MATH (again), when I click "Activate" on a New plugin (or an existing deactivated plugin) from the plugin page, I am redirected to the following page:

"Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page"

So, it still seems that uninstalling Rank Math leaves behind something somewhere....

Edited by tim12

• Support

Hello,

Can you please try in some other browser as that is not happening for me?

It could be a browser's cache.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

Glad that helped.

If you need any further assistance, please open a new support ticket.

We are here to help. Thank you.