[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[WP Review Pro] WP Review Pro Functionality

timothy175

Hi,

I question on the WP Review Pro plugin.  Does it have the capability of posting
reviews via the front-end (not needing user access to the dashboard)?
If so, can the front-end be set up so that the post provides the
author to give his rating for the subject of his post?  If not, are there
any other plugins that would provide the above mentioned functionality?

Thanks

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Users can leave a review by submitting a comment on your page through the front-end.

I don't understand this part:

can the front-end be set up so that the post provides the
author to give his rating for the subject of his post?

What do you mean by that? Does our demo not demonstrate the rating capability as you describe?

Looking forward to help you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I basically want to know whether a registered user or guest can post an original review with an “author rating” without going to the Wordpress dashboard. I am not talking about a registered user or guest commenting and giving a “user rating” on a review that has already been posted.  In a nutshell,
instead of having to go to the Wordpress dashboard to add a new post via the back end, will WP Review Pro allow a registered user or guest to click on a “link” on a
page (such as the home page) that will bring up a webpage to add an original post (which could be reviewed by others) with the same capabilities and options as the back end?

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

If you allow that registered user the right access role such as an administrator, he too can publish posts and publish reviews like an author. 

I hope that helps.

Looking forward to help you. Thank you.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hi,

I understand that by giving a user a high enough access that the user can post and publish reviews like an author.  But my understanding is that the user would still
have to go through the Wordpress dashboard to post a new review.  What I am thinking of is whether WP-Review Pro would be able to do something along the lines of what the plugin Front-End Publishing does (https://wordpress.org/plugins/front-end-publishing/) in writing new reviews/posts while also allowing the new review/post to giving a WP-Review-like "author rating" as well.  Hope that makes things clearer.

Thanks.

• Support

Hello,

From what I understand what you are looking for is currently not supported. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.