[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Schema] do I need to upgrade my template

katie602

Hi I purchased Schema v3.1.2 in October 2016. Is it advisable to upgrade my theme and buy the newer version.

If i do upgrade my theme will it override my current style images header etc. Or is it fine just to update it. WHat are the instructions to update it. ALso, I have an issue with google fonts I want them disabled because it gives bad speed rating. Is this fixed in the newest version of schema?

Thankyou

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today.

Did you create a child theme? If so, then nothing will be lost when you update.

You should take a backup of your website before making an update.

If you did not create a child theme, which should be the way to modify any theme, then you will need to make all the changes again (if done to the files). If you added anything to the theme's options, then all those changes will be ported over.

For disabling the Google fonts, please create a new support ticket and we will assist you with that.

Looking forward to helping you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Upgrades are sometimes necessary because WordPress updates it's core files, WordPress adds new technology and theme makers have to follow and also updates. Also updates are sometimes included with security fixes which helps keep your sites safer. 

Having said that the updates are at times not necessary, depending on what the update contains. For example an update can add a new styling feature to your theme, but if you don't plan on using that new style, you won't need an update.

I hope it answers you question.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.