[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Redirection Issue

thechoperpilot

Dear Bhanu Ahluwalia and MyThemeShop team,

I also have problem with redirection. It seems to be much like this one
https://community.mythemeshop.com/topic/98625-rank-math-seo-plugin-redirection-issue/?tab=comments#comment-492154

(but I cannot read your replies in previous post)

I am working on a website with Courses (custom post types), but since I installed Rank Math there is an issue. For every new course added or old one changed, it redirects to an URL without course category, for example:
mysite.com/courses/civil/coursename     it redirects to
mysite.com/courses/coursename    and showes 404.

Can you please advise on  this?

Edited by thechoperpilot
Adding login details

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Please share your WordPress login details  in the "Sensitive Data" section by editing your first post on this ticket and follow the instructions shown in the screenshot below:
sensitive.jpg

Please make a reply once you update the details, so we get notified.

Looking forward to helping you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Can you please add a link to the post(s) which is redirecting to 404 page in the Sensitive Data Section? I checked a few courses on your site, none of them showed me 404.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Please take a look at example search page: it shows course, but once you click there it will redirect.

Also please try to add new course, similar will happen.

Thanks!

** sensitive data **

Hello,

I have updated the sensitive data as requested. Can you please check further?

Thank you.

Also, please try to create new course, similar will happen.

Thanks for help!

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for providing the links. I see the issue on your site and it looks like WP Category Permalink is causing the problem. With Rank Math plugin there is no need to use other plugins to set category in the permalink. You can simply use Rank Math's Primary category option to select a category which you want to show in the permalink. Please see the screenshot in the Sensitive Data Section.

I deactivated the WP Category Permalink plugin on your site and set the Primary category on the course which was showing 404. Please confirm if it's ok now.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

• Support

Hello,

There is an inbuilt functionality in Rank Math for that so there is no need for any other plugin.

Unless you are comfortable in editing the code of the plugin and with every update, there is no easy way to disable that functionality and the conflict.

Hope that helps. If you have any further question(s), please let us know. Thank you.

Unfortunately for this particular project we won't be able to use Rank Math. The plugin, WP Category Permalink is necessary for other functionalities (featured images for courses and lessons, category carousel etc). Some of courses' URLs are weirdly lost, so will have to recreate them (minor damage). I will retry plugin for another project soon. Till then, thanks for your help, but we couldn't make it work now.

Best regards

• Support

Hello,

Sorry to hear that.

We have created a pull request for making the plugin compatible with Rank Math here:
https://github.com/websupporter/wp-category-permalink/pulls

You can create a support ticket on his plugin's repo requesting the same:
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-category-permalink

Meanwhile, please add the following filer to your theme's functions.php file:

add_filter( 'rank_math/primary_term', '__return_true' );

Hope that helps. Thank you.