[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Sitemap - URL restricted by robots.txt

joem1

I've just finished up this website > and attempted to submit the sitemap to Google Search Console, but I am getting an error on Google Search Console saying "URL restricted by robots.txt"...but I do not have any No Follow/No Index added. Any guidance on this before I end up having to switch back to Yoast?

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

It seems like your Sitemaps are submitted correctly. You can check the report here:
wp-admin/admin.php?page=rank-math-search-console&view=sitemaps

Can you please add the screenshot in the sensitive area from the Search Console when visiting this URL?
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/sitemap-list?hl=en&siteUrl=

Looking forward to helping you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

⚡Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

It could be something wrong with Search Console's end as they are upgrading their platform lately and users sometimes run into weird issues.

I'm glad everything's sorted for you.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance, we are here to help.

If not already, we would request you to take a couple of minutes to REVIEW the plugin and give it 5-STARS on WordPress.org
https://link.mythemeshop.com/reviewrankmath

Your kind words motivate us and help us put more effort into the development of this plugin and make it even better.

We really need your positive feedback to push even harder, keep the plugin FREE, and continue the development of the plugin in full-swing.

If you are planning to do a 4-star review or anything less, please don't. Instead, reply here and let us understand your requirements so we can get a 5-star rating from you as well. Can not afford even a single user to be disappointed over anything.

Thank you.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Sorry to hear that.

Can you please upload them on imgur.com and add them in the sensitive area?

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for adding the login details.

This is a strange error because your robots.txt does not seem to be blocking any of the URLs present in the sitemaps. Nonetheless, I tried editing your robots.txt in Rank Math > General Settings > Edit robots.txt, but my changes are not being applied when I visit your /robots.txt file. Are you using any cache or CDN on your site that might be causing this?

Please try the following: upload an empty robots.txt file in the root folder of your site. Then, when you visit /robots.txt on your site, you should see a blank file. Then please try submitting the sitemap again in the Search Console.

Let us know how that helps. Thank you.

Hello,

If the robots.txt file is empty now, then it definitely cannot be blocking any of the URLs – for that it would need to contain a rule such as Disallow: *. The issue might be caused by some cache mechanism on Google's side.

Please check the accessibility of one of the faulty URLs using the Search Console robots.txt Tester https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/robots-testing-tool
At the top you should see a text box with your current robots.txt content (it should be empty at the moment), while at the bottom you will see a text input field where you can test if a specific URL is accessible or not. Try it with one of the URLs that was flagged as blocked, to see if it is still blocked or not, and to see which robots.txt rule is blocking it.

Hope that helps.