[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

Can I Tweak Spike Looks Alike TruePixel?

nzqp325

Hi there,

MTS Spike theme is absolutely wonderful in demo. And, I also like TruePixel theme - it looks very clean and well-organized. But I want to purchase one theme 'cause sitting on tight budget this month. It seems to me Spike has a lot of customization options than TruePixel. Is it possible to tweak Spike layout looks alike TruePixel theme? Thanks and look forward.

Hi,

Spike theme can't be modified to look exactly like TruePixel, but there are many different settings you can experiment with in the Options Panel, and we can also help with minor customizations that can't be done from there, like changing the thumbnail sizes, etc.

You can see many different site examples done with Spike on the demo page: http://demo.mythemeshop.com/s/?theme=Spike

Hey Ben,

I really don't need heavy customization - exact looks alike TurePixel. But I do like TruePixel display full width featured image. Is it possible to modify Spike to display full width image? I mean - Title | Featured Image | Teaser Post all positioning in same width. Thanks!

Here's how you make the featured images full width in Spike:

1. Open functions.php file, and find this part:

set_post_thumbnail_size( 298, 248, true );
    add_image_size( 'featured', 298, 248, true ); //featured

Change it to this

set_post_thumbnail_size( 850, 350, true );
    add_image_size( 'featured', 850, 350, true ); //featured

2. Add the following code to the Theme Options > Styling Options > Custom CSS:

#featured-thumbnail {
  width: 100%;
}

3. Regenerate the thumbnails, as described on this page: http://mythemeshop.com/support/how-to-fix-featured-image-sizes/