[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] HTTP redirects stopped working

teamjimmyjoe

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Can you please share your WordPress login details in the "Sensitive Data" section by editing your first post on this ticket and follow the instructions shown in the screenshot below:
sensitive.jpg

Please make a reply once you update the details, so we get notified.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Can you please disable Sucuri Website Firewall for some time while we debug the issues?

Please let us know once you do that.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

I have updated the sensitive field with a couple of IPs.

Can you please whitelist them?

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for whitelisting the IP.

I justed tested things and everything seems to be in order.

Can you please confirm what's the issue?

Looking forward to helping you.

• Support

Hello,

Yes, things look fine to me.

You can use the plugin normally.

If you face any difficulty while using, please let us know. We are here to help.

Thank you.

I still have the same problem and don't know how to fix it.  I shortened a couple of post URLS today (like have several times over the past few weeks) and they are not redirecting. All the ones I have done have redirect fine (as far as I can tell). Today, the 2 URLS I changed aren't redirecting and I'm either getting an error message and Goole and on Safari, see the attachement I attached earlier?

I didn't do anything differently with these two new changes. Any idea what is wrong???

• Support

Hello,

Can you please try in some other browser?

It could be your browser's cache as you are creating a 301 redirect.

• Support

Hello,

Please check the sensitive area, I uploaded a GIF showing that the website's loading fine on my end as I tried in an incognito window.

Let me know if I should be checking some specific URL(s).

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

It's happening to me as well. I went ahead and disabled one of your plugins and I mentioned the name in the sensitive area.

If possible, please keep that inactive while we debug and fix the issue for you.

Also, FTP access would help in debugging faster.

Finally, you do not need this plugin anymore: Google Site Verification plugin using Meta Tag, Rank Math has a functionality for the same here:
wp-admin/admin.php?page=rank-math-options-general#setting-panel-webmaster

We seek your patience in this matter.

Looking forward to helping you.

• Support

Hello

We are facing issues with the logging in on your website:
TGzUEF+

Can you please take care of that so we can investigate better?

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

I feel so stupid to find out what it is. It seems like that WordPress and the Rank Math plugin were competing for the same slug change and that caused an infinite loop.

I have deleted the newly created redirects and they are working fine now. I have added the old URLs in the sensitive area so you can check. You would need to check using an incognito window due to the nature of the redirect, it gets flushed only when someone closes/quits the browser.

This is also an issue with the plugin and I had to turn off the option of auto-post redirect. I have marked it and it shall be fixed in an upcoming update.

When someone changes the slug of a post/page, WordPress automatically creates a 301 redirect for that and unless you are planning to create any other redirection type, it's best not to use plugin's option.

I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

If you have any further question(s), please feel free to let us know. We are here to help.

Excellent! Everything seems to be working fine, and the URLs I change a over the past couple weeks seem to be unaffected as well.  I will not change another... LOL! (I was shortening them on old posts).

Thanks so much for all your help and due diligence.  Most companies wouldn't go as far as you did. Kudos! I really appreciate it.

You're the best!

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Jim

• Support

Hello,

Glad that helped. The next update will fix that issue, but you can still change the slug of your older articles, as WordPress will handle that correctly.

I would request you to take a couple of minutes to REVIEW the plugin and give it 5-STARS on WordPress.org, if not already 🙏🙏 
https://link.mythemeshop.com/reviewrankmath

Your kind words motivate us and help us put more effort into the development of this plugin and make it even better.

We really need your positive feedback to push even harder, keep the plugin FREE, and continue the development of the plugin in full-swing.

If you are planning to do a 4-star review or anything less, please don't. Instead, reply here and let us understand your requirements so we can get a 5-star rating from you as well. Can not afford even a single user to be disappointed over anything.

Thank you.