[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] v 0.9.17 breaks several things

alangray

v 0.9.17 breaks several things

I tried Troubleshooting, but RankMath will not activate under troubleshooting.

I tried deactivating almost all other plugins, but that did not fix the problem.

Rolling back to v 0.9.15 did fix the problem.

The attached image shows many of the visible effects of the issues.

rankmath-v0-9-17-broken.jpg

Edited by alangray
Sensitive data for you

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Assuming all your themes and plugins are updated to the latest version, please share WordPress your login details in the "Sensitive Data" section by editing your first post on this ticket and follow the instructions shown in the screenshot below:
sensitive.jpg

Please make a reply once you update the details, so we get notified.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for providing the details.

I went ahead and updated the Rank Math plugin on your website to the latest version, 0.9.17

I also turned off Rank Math's Sitemap module as you are already using another plugin for the same purpose and that might hurt your SEO and confuse Google's crawlers.

Please fill these details as well, the logo and the social share image here, they are useful for Google's Knowledge Graph:
wp-admin/admin.php?page=rank-math-wizard&step=yoursite

Since you are running a news site, you need to check your Schema settings again:
http://take.ms/1OYir
wp-admin/admin.php?page=rank-math-wizard&step=misc

I then changed the setting for the Local SEO meta:
http://take.ms/JEf3E

Since the name displayed there can not be a person's name. The same name displays on Google and should be presented to Google in it's correct form.

I'm unable to see the same issue as you reported.

Can you please confirm on your end?

Also, it is advised to stay updated with the theme and the plugin updates.

I would strongly advise to check the theme on a staging site and update your theme to the latest version.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hello Monty.

I still see the same problem. I added a new story and all the same problems are there for me.

I have the other sitemap plugin, because it has a news sitemap and RankMath doesn't have that yet.

The main sitemap is turned off in that other plugin, so I am using Rankmath sitemap and only the news sitemap in the other plugin.

I will work on the theme update, in case it is that.

Note that RankMath v15 works and v17 doesn't.

What happened when you added v.17 - did it work for you?

Did you see the missing bars?

were the green settings correct?

ALSO, I forgot to tell you one more problem - the "Visual - Text" tabs in the editor no longer work with this release.

Edited by alangray

• Support

Hello,

Just tried to log in to your website, but the details are showing up as incorrect. Could you please take care of that?

I'm sorry about the Sitemap, I didn't realize. and sure, you can use 2 separate sitemap plugins in that scenario.

Sure, please let us know once the theme's updated to the latest version.

We are moving towards strict WordPress coding standards with each release and there is a possibility that other plugins/themes which are using non-standard WordPress coding might conflict. But need not worry as we are here to resolve all the possible conflicts.

Those bars were showing up for me properly in an old post. Could that be a browser cache issue? Can you please test in some other browser?

We would need the access to the backend to check that.

Though, you can check the browser's console for any possible errors showing up. Here is a tutorial for the same:
https://documentation.concrete5.org/tutorials/how-open-browser-console-view-errors