[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] SEO Analysis, Tag Sitemaps not working, Social sharing

yomiadegboye

Issue 1: SEO Analysis not working. When I run SEO Analysis Site-wide Analysis, it runs a progress bar that says "Analysing Website…" for like 5 seconds, completes, then says, "An error occurred".

Issue 2: Tag sitemaps not working. When I set RankMath to include tags in the sitemap, that doesn't work either. The tag sitemap loads a blank page and returns errors in Search Console. I have had to disable tags for now.

Issue 3: When I publish a new post, the post doesn't get submitted to Search Console for indexing for hours. I have to do a manual submission. Not very convenient for such a large site. 

Issue 4: Posts shared on Twitter and Facebook do not load post images, even though I have the option enabled in Rank Math.

Thanks for helping with these issues. 

Edited by yomiadegboye

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. The Post sharing is not showing any images because a query string is added to all the images on your site which is causing problem.

Rank Math plugin validates image URL before displaying it on the frontend and because of the query string image validation fails. We will fix this issue in the next release of the plugin.

For now, to fix it on your site, I added below code to /wp-content/plugins/seo-by-rank-math/includes/opengraph/class-image.php file on line194:

$attachment_image_url = explode( '?', $attachment['url'] );
if ( !empty( $attachment_image_url ) ) {
	$attachment['url'] = $attachment_image_url[0];
}

The images now appear when you share posts on Twitter & Facebook.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Please share your WordPress login details in the "Sensitive Data" section by editing your first post on this ticket and follow the instructions shown in the screenshot below:
sensitive.jpg

Please make a reply once you update the details, so we get notified.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

P.S. Also, please take a backup of your website first before providing with the access or create a staging site and provide access to that site.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for providing the details.

We were able to reproduce the errors.

Can you please tell us if you are on a Shared hosting and if a sitemap from a plugin like Yoast worked?

Also, can you please create a duplicate of a website by using the following plugin so we can test it locally?
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Finally, we might require the FTP access for the SEO Analysis error, but we can come to that once the Sitemap's issue is fixed.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for providing further information.

Can you please create a duplicate file of the site using the plugin I mentioned above?

• Support

Hello,

While trying to connect using the FTP details you provided, we are encountering errors.

I have updated the Sensitive Data field with the screenshots.

Can you please get that fixed so we can debug further?

• Support

Hello @yomiadegboye

While trying to login to your WordPress, an invalid password error is showing up.

Can you please fix that so we can continue checking the issue and fixing it?

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for your patience and co-operation.

We were able to debug and fix the issue.

Can you please confirm on your end by checking the following page?
wp-admin/admin.php?page=rank-math-seo-analysis

Hope that helps and appreciate your help again.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. The Post sharing is not showing any images because a query string is added to all the images on your site which is causing problem.

Rank Math plugin validates image URL before displaying it on the frontend and because of the query string image validation fails. We will fix this issue in the next release of the plugin.

For now, to fix it on your site, I added below code to /wp-content/plugins/seo-by-rank-math/includes/opengraph/class-image.php file on line194:

$attachment_image_url = explode( '?', $attachment['url'] );
if ( !empty( $attachment_image_url ) ) {
	$attachment['url'] = $attachment_image_url[0];
}

The images now appear when you share posts on Twitter & Facebook.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

It was a pleasure helping you. We are glad you found our help useful. If you have any other questions in future, do let us know. We are here to help you.

Could you please leave us a testimonial (if you haven't already done that) on about your overall experience with MyThemeShop? This will help us serve you, our members, better. We appreciate your time and patience.
https://community.mythemeshop.com/forum/6-testimonials/

Thank you in anticipation.