[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Primary category detection in php and JSON-LD Breadcrumblist with Rank Math

ibrempashaev

Good day!
I use some other plugin to generate JSON-LD Breadcrumblist for Google (Rank Math is not able to do that for now :)). It was easy to connect this plugin with Yoast "Primary Category" to generate JSON-LD breadcrumbs just for post's primary category. Example below:

$term_list = wp_get_post_terms($post->ID, 'category', ['fields' => 'all']);
foreach($term_list as $term) { 
	if( get_post_meta($post->ID, '_yoast_wpseo_primary_category',true) == $term->term_id ) {
		// this is a primary category
	}
}

Questions:
1) Are there any solution for Rank Math primary category (Make Term Primary option) is it detectable from other plugins?
2) Has Rank Math Dev team any plans to implement JSON-LD Breadcrumblist generation?
I can explain why it is important: Some people don't want to have visible Breadcrumbs (in code or visually on page/post), but they do want to have nice looking snippet in Google with the breadcrumbs in the same time :) 
It looks like new version of Yoast adds
JSON-LD Breadcrumblist automatically if it's breadcrumbs option is checked.

• Support

Hello @ibrempashaev

Hope you are doing well.

Did you check the latest version of the plugin? Everything you mentioned is possible with it.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

• Like 1

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop.

1. Unfortunately, we do not have a perfect solution to integrate it with other plugins yet.

2. I have added that as a suggestion and you can expect it to in the plugin's core in a few weeks.

Hope that helps. If you have any further question(s), please let us know. Thank you.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Thank you! If so, please consider adding automatic JSON-LD Breadcrumblist generation based on Primary Categories as an option under General settings -> Breadcrumbs.
That would be very nice and useful :) Moreover that can allow finally to get rid of other plugins, which are used just for JSON-LD Breadcrumblist for Google.
As far as I know Yoast don't have this option for now, it creates markup for 
JSON-LD Breadcrumblist silently and automatically if breadcrumbs option is on (even if webmaster not used function yoast_breadcrumb in theme template code).

• Upvote 1

• Support

Hello,

Definitely. I have added my internal vote for this suggestion.

Appreciate you taking time to request something which would be helpful for everyone using the Rank Math plugin.

If there's anything, please feel free to open a new support ticket.

Thank you.

• Support

Hello @ibrempashaev

Hope you are doing well.

Did you check the latest version of the plugin? Everything you mentioned is possible with it.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

• Like 1

• Support

Hello,

It was a pleasure helping you. We are glad you found our help useful. If you have any other questions in the future, do let us know. We are here to help you.

Could you please leave us a testimonial (if you haven't already done that) on about your overall experience with MyThemeShop? This will help us serve you, our members, better. We appreciate your time and patience.
https://community.mythemeshop.com/forum/6-testimonials/

Thank you in anticipation.