[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Lots of 404 Errors That Make No Sense

whmediallc

I'm seeing lots of 404 errors that make no sense. Meaning how on earth these errors come about, for example -- 

/lian.php

Redirect | Delete

/user.php?act=login

Redirect | Delete

license.php

Redirect | Delete

ads.txt

Redirect | Delete

apple-app-site-association

Redirect | Delete

?author=15

Redirect | Delete

?author=12

Redirect | Delete

?author=13

Redirect | Delete

/data/cache/flye.php

Redirect | Delete

/plus/read.php

Redirect | Delete

/plus/result.php

Redirect | Delete

/data/cache/asd.php

Redirect | Delete

And there is a ton more. Question is, how to fix them? And why they arose out of thin air?

Also when I made some redirects, I saw that other errors came up where the main domain url is twice in the url. Please see the 404 Monitor section of my site. What can be this problem about? Thanks.

Edited by whmediallc

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

It seems like those are server files which are accessible. Can you please get in touch with your hosting and request them to check the security settings on your server?

For the redirection, we are working on it and a new version will be released soon which shall fix all those weird notices.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Glad that helped. There is an article on MyThemeShop which we wrote on how to make the WordPress installation more secure:
https://mythemeshop.com/blog/wordpress-security-tips/

After taking the backup of your website, you would want to try implementing the tips.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

You can safely ignore that notice because the redirection would be working fine.

We are working on a fresh Redirection module and it shall be made available soon to everyone. It would be more robust, scalable and free from all such errors.

We seek your patience and understanding in this matter.

Thank you.