[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Parent slugs not appearing for Woocommerce product categories

kepler

I love the new product-category and shop stripping features for woocommerce, however now my parent categories are not appearing in the slug.

I am using these parent categories for siloing and know they should be working based on my Rank Math settings, but they are not. 

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Can you tell us where the parent categories are not appearing? The parent categories appear in the URL of the child product categories.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Rank Math plugin does not have an option to change permalinks. To change permalinks please use some Permalink manager plugin like Permalink Customizer, Woocommerce permalink manager.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

I am not sure what you mean that Rank Math does not change permalinks... This is definitely not true.

Here is a screenshot of the Rank Math permalink settings page for Woocommerce.

Please explain what Rank Math does with these settings if it does not change the permalinks.

rank-math-permalinks.jpg

• Support

Hello,

Sorry if I was not clear.

You can use the options in WooCommerce Settings of the plugin to remove the shop base ( or the custom base you defined in permalink settings ) but there is no option to include the parent category in Product URL. The option which you are referring to i.e Remove parent slug works only on the product category URL and it won't affect the Product permalink.

Thank you.