[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Dual Canonical Links

brian140

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today.

I still see 2 canonical Links on your site. 1 is added by Rank Math and other might be added by your theme or some other plugin. Please check if the canonical tag exists in theme's header file.

If that doesn't help, then please share your login details in the "Sensitive Data" section by editing your first post on this ticket and follow the instructions shown in the screenshot below:
sensitive.jpg

Please make a reply once you update the details, so we get notified.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Now getting an error with the sitemap https://www.quickandfriendlyloans.com/sitemap_index.xml as follows:
This page contains the following errors:

error on line 2 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

I have re-saved the Permalinks on all the other websites and that has fixed it on them, but not on this website for some reason?

Perhaps it's just a caching issue my end?

Your Facebook page suggested I contact you instead and I just thought whilst you had the login details you would maybe sort both please?

Thanks.

• Support

Hello,

The 2nd canonical link was added by the Genesis theme. To remove it, I logged into your site and added below code in functions.php file:

remove_action( 'wp_head', 'genesis_canonical', 5 );

Now your site is showing only 1 canonical link.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.