[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Featured Images not coming over to Twitter posts

troy422

8 minutes ago, Montgomerie said:

Hello,

The latest build is not available for download yet as we had to hold it until we fix an issue with the SEO tests we run.

However, I tried logging in to your website and replace the current version of the plugin but it seems like I do not have the permissions.

Can you please add a capability to install and delete the plugins so I can install the latest version? Or you can wait for a day or two till we release an updated version and you can update on your own.

Either way, looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

Ok! I updated the settings for the login and you should be able to install/delete the plugins.

• Support

Hello,

Can you please try yourself with the latest version?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rankmathseopluginwordpress/permalink/227530924785908/

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

2 hours ago, Sam said:

Hello,
That is strange, could you please try disabling the cache plugin? Are you using Cloudflare?
Please refer this thread, the same issue is mentioned here https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-will-not-activate-19/

Thank you.

Hi!

I've been running around like crazy, but I got a few things solved.

1) Varnish Cache plugin was preventing the Activation. Got that solved.

2) Ran a test post with the new update and THE PROBLEM REMAINS. No featured image goes over to Twitter. Featured images go over to other social platforms.

I might have fixed this issue, but it raised about 900 more questions for me.

After working with my team, we figured out that after dumping Yoast for RankMath, we lost the direct ability to control our Robots.txt file. Naturally, we didn't think it was an issue. Turns out it was, as I had to hunt down what happened to my Robots.txt file. I still can't find it via FTP, but I did go through RankMath's SEO settings to edit Robots.txt and that's where I'm confused.

After editing robots, will I have other issues? I just want to make sure I didn't compromise my security to get my images across. But, it worked.

Here's what I had to add to Robots.txt to get Twitter to recognize my images.

User-agent: Twitterbot
Disallow: *
Allow: /wp-content/uploads/*

My question remains, will this cause issues for me within Robots.txt inside of RankMath's SEO settings? Basically, I just want to make sure I didn't mess anything up. So, MAIN PROBLEM seemingly solved. Now, I just want to make sure I solved it the right way.

• Support

Hello,

Glad you got it working.

If you allowing only the Twitterbot to access your uploads folder, it should be fine (in most of the cases).

I would still suggest finding some other method as allowing access to the wp-content folder or a sub-folder is not recommended.

Please let us know if you need any assistance. We're here to help.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Oh, I still need help and you highlighted my last problem area. What other methods would work instead of allowing access to WP-Content. Ideally, I wouldn't have to do that. But, for some reason Rank Math as it is setup (even by the Guide) is blocked Twitter from picking up the image information to generate a proper Twitter card.

Any help is appreciated, as I would really like to having something better than my temporary fix.

• Support

Hello,

In this particular, we would recommend that you allow access to the wp-content folder from TwitterBot. Just make sure there aren't any executable files and that you keep a blank index.php file in each folder that doesn't have one already.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

4 hours ago, ToddMTS said:

Hello,

In this particular, we would recommend that you allow access to the wp-content folder from TwitterBot. Just make sure there aren't any executable files and that you keep a blank index.php file in each folder that doesn't have one already.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

That seems a little taxing. Is there plans to make a robots update in the future to solve the Twitterbot issue?

• Support

Hi Troy,

We will see how this can be sorted without causing too much disruption to other user's websites.

Please also let us know which tool/plugin you are using to schedule Twitter posts. We will look into that as well. 

Stay tuned for a plugin update. 

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.