[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Featured Images not coming over to Twitter posts

troy422

Hi all!

When I post, I schedule things to go out to social networks at same time. Recently, I noticed that my last three posts to Twitter weren't having the featured images make the transition over. The only thing that has changed was installing the updated Rank Math. What's up?

Edited by troy422
adding sensitive data

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Can you please confirm if you added a featured image to an article or specifically to the Social tab?
http://take.ms/jDLALp

If so, please tell us which Software/plugin you are using for auto-scheduling and we will take a look.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hi Troy,

Can you please share a link to the post where this issue is happening?

Also, please share the URL of image that you expect to be shown while sharing on FB and Twitter.

Unfortunateley, we do not have an Instagram option just yet. Sorry.

We look forward to helping you. 

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

OK. I'll reiterate my point. When using Rank Math just in the latest version. This is something that didn't appear in the prior versions. When I post over to Twitter, it refuses to attach an image. It doesn't matter if I use Jetpack, Crowdfire or Bridgy...a feature image won't carry over. But, it will carry a feature image over if I do it by hand.

Top image is posted direct from site. Bottom is by hand. This just started happening when I installed the latest version of Rank Math. The prior installs never had this issue.

what-it-does.PNG

The featured images will carry over to Facebook, but not to Twitter. If that helps. For some reason, Twitter isn't able to read the images after the latest Rank Math update.

And for url of image, it doesn't matter. I could attach a picture of a butt. Nothing is getting over.

• Support

Hello,

We are seeing that the tags are generating properly, not sure what's messing things up.

To investigate this further can you please share your login details in the "Sensitive Data" section by editing your first post on this ticket and follow the instructions shown in the screenshot below?
sensitive.jpg

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

Hello,
We tried on our setup and everything is working fine, we are unable to reproduce the error.

The only way out is to debug this is to access your website.

I can understand your concerns. Is it possible to create a separate staging site or tempory access is also fine?

If that is not possible, please record a video (you can use this tool https://www.useloom.com/), showing the post edit screen, where twitter image is set.

Looking forward to helping you.
Thank you.

Tried creating a draft post and I can see the same issue, it is little strange as the same steps are working fine on my setup.

Unable to debug as I don't have full access to your site.

I would recommend, please wait for a couple of hours, we are going to release an update. Once we release the update you can test with the latest version.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Tried creating a draft post and I can see the same issue, it is little strange as the same steps are working fine on my setup.

Unable to debug as I don't have full access to your site.

I would recommend, please wait for a couple of hours, we are going to release an update. Once we release the update you can test with the latest version.

Thank you.

Cool! Yeah. I don't know if it's a version hiccup or whatever. I had you set to author and my other authors can edit. Do I need to beef up your access role?

• Support

Hello,

The version 0.9.10 is already out. You can download it in a couple of hours.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

• Support

Hello,

The latest build is not available for download yet as we had to hold it until we fix an issue with the SEO tests we run.

However, I tried logging in to your website and replace the current version of the plugin but it seems like I do not have the permissions.

Can you please add a capability to install and delete the plugins so I can install the latest version? Or you can wait for a day or two till we release an updated version and you can update on your own.

Either way, looking forward to helping you. Thank you.