cyberdave3000

Suggestions for improvement of Member's Area and Renewal Process

I have been a customer for a year now and I think you have great products. I spent a lot of time evaluating themes and theme shops before deciding to go with MTS last year. I wanted to let you know about a problem I am having with your site and give some suggestions for improvement. Based on what I have read in the forums there are other people who have similar problems.

It is unclear how the renewal process works if someone only wants to renew some of the products they bought instead of all. For example if someone bought 4 products on the same day and have now decided that they are just going to continue using one, there is no way to only select one item for renewal. It’s an all or nothing thing. For a company that claims to place a lot of emphasis on customer service, this is a very customer and user interface unfriendly (and unsatisfactory) policy. Currently as a result of this I will be canceling my subscription shortly before it ends. I will evaluate buying the theme and any plugins I want to use at some point in the future.

Here are some suggestions for improving your renewal process and user interface.

First – change the interface so that people can select the products in their account that they want to renew individually and place them in a cart. Items not placed in a cart would not be renewed.

Second, allow people to have a choice to disable auto-renew within their account (which plenty of other sites have) and make it a separate option from “Cancel”. Currently having just a cancel option which disallows access to products people bought (according to your TOS) is unsatisfactory. People should have the ability to have access to the products they bought and updates for the term of time for which they paid. If they want to delete their account then that should be a separate option from cancel.

So in summary, the “Cancel” option would be replaced by two options – one for toggling auto-renew on or off, and another for deleting their account. In addition, people would have the ability to select which products they want to continue using by selecting and placing them in a cart.

Thanks. 

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

You can email us at support-team@mythemeshop.com and we will send you a custom invoice so you can renew only the products you need.

Since we do not store any payment information on our server, we can't make the edits to the renewals.

With that being said, there are existing feature requests, so I've added your vote to our internal suggestions lists. If your suggestions are something that we're able to introduce, we'll be sure to let you know.

If you have any further suggestion(s)/question(s), please let us know. Thank you.

• Like 1