[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Lifestyle] Questions about theme

garyalanbox

Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing the new Lifestyle theme but I have a couple of questions before I do. 

Firstly I prefer the default look to the travel example because I don't like the way the post title overlaps the image, especially when I see how it displays on mobile. However the default theme has one issue, namely at the top the images look square whereas I would be uploading featured images for posts that would be oblong, for example 2048 pixels wide by 1365 pixels tall. I notice the rest of the default theme uses oblong images. Is there a way to make this latest posts section use oblong images?

I also notice that the social icons section states it can display Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Are these the only 3 social networks that can be displayed in this way? I also notice the Instagram feed showing on the Food example of the theme, is this a section that can be used on the other examples like default?

If you could answer these questions or better yet forward me the theme documentation so I can see exactly what the options on this theme are I would appreciate it. 

Thanks

Gary

Hello Gary,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today.

About the image size for the featured area, yes we can provide you custom code to change the size, it will look something like this http://take.ms/yKdYP or else featured area will just crop the image as per current size.

About the social icons, you can add any social media site and N number of items in that section, please refer this screenshot http://take.ms/u6KEn 

Yes Instagram widget is also available in all the demos.

Hope this helps,

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. The first screenshot does indeed show the latest posts section with landscape oblong images which is great. However I notice it has cropped in severely when you compare to the original image that appears in the single post. To me the theme in its default state makes no sense. For most users who will probably use landscape format images in post articles the default appearance of the theme would ruin the look. The situation is even worse in mobile view! Further down the default page the images are displayed in landscape format as I would expect. If I can be sure that the custom code will result in a landscape image that uses the whole image I'll happily buy the theme but your screenshot does not do this.

I'm glad other social networks can be added to that section. I'm also pleased that the count seems to be added manually. I'm tired of themes relying on API's that break and show zero counts.

The fact I can use the Instagram widget in any version of the theme is also great news. 

If I can just get clarity on the first issue I'll be delighted to purchase the theme.

Gary