[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Feminine] Instagram Feed and FB Comments

laura1234

Hi!

I really love the Instagram feed at the bottom of Feminine, however I'm not completely decided on it yet for styling reasons (for example, I prefer to have dividing lines between each post). I saw in another post that there is a WP Instagram Feed Plugin you can add to any theme, however I'm concerned that it will slow the site down or cause it to rank lower.  I would also like to have FB comments, and the little heart icon that allows readers to like a post, but it's hard to find one theme that has everything! ;-) 

Could you please tell me if adding an Instagram feed plugin and a FB comments plugin (and perhaps other WP plugins I find) will slow a premium theme down and lower it in search rankings? Or should I stick with the Feminine theme if I definitely want an Instagram feed? I don't have any coding experience, so anything I change would have to be fairly easy.

Thank you very much :-)

Laura

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Your concerns about Instagram plugin can be tested once you launch your site, you can simply activate the plugin and if it crashes your site simply take the plugin off.

For FB comments, you can certainly try a FB comments plugin once you launch your site.

The theme has no little heart icons for liking a post but perhaps you can find a plugin for that as well.

Plugins should not lower the rankings, but we cannot guarantee you that plugins will not slow down your site it will all depend on how your hosting provider handles plugins. You can certainly try it, see if it slows down, if it is slow then contact your hosting provider to fix the issue. 

I hope that helps.

Looking forward to help you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.