shannon556

[Point] How to Import Your MyThemeShop Theme Options Settings

4 posts in this topic

I can't follow the instructions on installing the txt file for the theme options because after going the Appearance > Theme > Theme Options there is no Import or Export option available so I cannot find where to import the contents of the txt file. And all the tutorial Vimeo files on the subject no longer exist.

How to Use the TXT(options_panel_settings_Point.txt) File to Import the Demo Options Panel settings

1. Log into your site as an administrator.
2. Make sure you activated your new theme before proceeding.
3. Go to Appearance → Theme Options → Import Export tab in the bottom left. (DOES NOT EXIST)
4. Choose “Import Code” from the Import Options.
5. Open the TXT file in your favorite text editor like Notepad, Notepad++ or Sublime.
6. Copy the content inside the TXT file and paste it in the 'Import Code' box in theme's Options Panel.
7. Click on 'Import' button below the pasted code section.
8. Enjoy!

Hello,

Thank you for using Point and sorry for the issue you are facing.

The documentation is of the old Point Theme. As the point theme is moved to WordPress the Theme Option panel have removed as per WordPress's guidelines.

We will update the documentation ASAP.

For now you can use this plugin for importing backup:

Thanks for the input. I downloaded and installed the Customizer Import Export plugin, which does add an import/export tab to the Themes>Customize section, but there is no place to copy and paste the code from the TXT file and if I try to upload the TXT file, it just says that it is not a "customizer export" file.

Hello,

If you want to import the demo, please share your login details in the "Sensitive Data" section by editing your first post on this thread and following instructions as shown in the screenshot below and we will do that for you:

http://take.ms/msXxi

Please make a reply once you update the details, so we get notified.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.