[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Builders] Theme Recommendation Wanted

don733

I'm looking for a theme. I'm wanting to set up a site for my music services. Recording, mixing, producing, arranging, live sound, etc... all sorts of services. I looked at the Builders theme, but I'm not sure it's a good fit. I like how it's got options for services, projects, and a blog, but I'm not sure it would be easy to make it work for the type of services I offer. Videos are important, but even more important I need to have audio examples and clips.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a theme that might work best for this type of business?

Thanks.

Don

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today.

Inside of WordPerss you can embed audio files, that works with any theme that you choose. Simply upload an audio file just like you would upload an image.

In other words you can use the Builders theme and then inside a page or a post you can insert the audio file.

I hope that helps. 

Looking forward to help you. Thank you

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Thanks. I guess the more fundamental question I have: Is the Builders theme a good fit for such a business, or do you have a theme that might be better for such a business?

I haven't purchased a theme for my site, yet. I probably should have tried the Builders theme when you were offering it at the introductory rate, but I wasn't sure. I missed that window.

• Support

Hello,

Yes, you can try Builders theme to cover your requirement.

You can buy this theme using the ongoing offer now. Please contact our sales team to avail this offer.

Thank you.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• 1 month later...

Hello there, 

its almost the same question :-)

My services are courses. I offer programming courses. (Not E-Learning! courses in conference rooms! The Webpage is just to inform my clients, what courses I offer)

Should I use a service for each course or should I use pages for the courses?

With a normal page I can use my own widget but they don't like so beautiful as the service layout :-)

Looking forward your answer

• Support

Hello,

I would recommend using regular pages so that you have more control over the widgets.

As for the styling, we can help you style them differently, we can help you change the background color of your widgets and text color. Once you setup your widget, open a new forum topic in the support forums and ask us to help you style your widgets.

Open a new forum topic here when you are ready. 

Hello, thanks a lot for your answer. 

Using service have 2 benefits. The first one is the very good looking List Content. 

The second is I can show all services on the homepage via  Theme Options --> Homepage Tabs --> Services. 

Question 1) Can I have such List Content in a regular page?

Please look at this screenshot  http://ovo.li/GEU7LM

Question 2) Can I show some pages in Homepage Tabs (the Featured images with page title, exactly like the service tab) ? 

I don't think, that this would work :-(. Otherwise Builders would be almost perfect :-)

Question 3)  If I replace the service sidebar with the a regular sidebar. 

Would the Homepage Tabs with services still working fine?!

I am looking forward your answer

Thanks a lot

• Support

Hello,

It seems you have asked similar questions here: https://community.mythemeshop.com/topic/70654-service-post-or-pages/#entry328882

We will be answering you from that forum topic to help us avoid confusion.