[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[WP Review Pro] Website Example For Woocommerce Products / Restrict Review Til 30 Days After Purchase

HI I have few questions:

1) Do you have any website examples where your reviews are used for woocommerce products? The demo site you have has them attached to blog/articles.

2) Is there somewhere where I can leave a review to see user experience? The one labeled visitor review enabled does not have me leave a review, just has comments. I'm specifically interested in one where there are different categories and the plugin averages them to provide a overall review average

3) Is it possible to restrict someone from leaving a review until X days after purchase? I want them to actually use the product.

4) Can users edit reviews?

Thanks,

Aimee

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in WP Review Pro.

1. Yes, you can review your products. You can check the demo here:

http://demo.mythemeshop.com/ecommerce/product/forest-friend-tee/

2. I am not completely sure what you are referring here. Can you please give some more details so that we can help you better regarding that.

3. Unfortunately there is no way for that purpose with this plugin.

4. Once an review is placed by user, there is no way to replace/remove that.

Hope that helps.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Thank you.

1) Re the demo site you provided. I see this is attached to a product, so you are saying it can be attached to a woocommerce product? I want this product just so that verified purchasers of products on my site can review a product after purchase. Does Review Pro allow me to limit to verified purchasers? Is this an appropriate product for this? Because it seems like the main concept for this product is to run a review website where I as the editor review a product, not for reviews of products I sell. I like the averaging of scores, but I want to make sure it appropriate for my needs.

2) You asked me to clarify my question "Is there somewhere where I can leave a review to see user experience?" To reword, I want to leave a review myself using your plugin on a demo site, so I can see what it would it be like for one of my customers to leave a review. The provided demo allows me to leave a review but just to give it an overall star rating. Is there a demo where I can see where you rate it on different categories and the plugin averages the rating to give an overall rating. So if I rate 5 on quality, 3 on color and 1 on shipping, it would show an overall 3 rating?

3) Re: not allowing a review to be left until X days after purchase, is this something that I could hire a developer to custom code?

4) On users editing review, you say it cannot be replaced/removed. Does this mean that as an administrator I cannot remove a review? Or just that a user cannot edit or remove a review after they submit it?

5) Can I set all reviews to be approved/moderated before allowing them to display?

Thanks.

Aimee

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

1. The reviews you see on the demo page linked by my colleague actually use the default review system in WooCommerce. Sorry for the confusion. Both WooCommerce and WP Review Pro hook into the comments system to allow (visitor) reviews, and the reviews function in WooCommerce gets priority over WP Review, so it is not possible to use the latter for the visitor reviews. It is possible, however, to use its editor-written review functionality (the "review box") for WooCommerce products or any other post type.

2. The main focus of the plugin is on the editor reviews, i.e. reviews and ratings written by the site administrator. The visitor review is an additional feature and only allows an overall rating to be added – for visitor reviews it is not possible to rate multiple features in a single review and make an average.

3. Yes, it might be possible to customize both WP Review or WooCoommerce to make this work.

4. In WP Review Pro, you can add, edit and remove visitor reviews from the WordPress admin panel just like regular comments.

5. WP Review Pro uses the comments system internally, so you can just enable this setting for default comments in Settings > Discussion, and it will be applied to reviews as well.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Support

Hello,

If your site allows comments, then the owner can reply to that negative comment but the rating will still count. For the rating to be "rebutted" you would have to have another user with a positive rating to bring up the average of votes. 

Hope that helps. If you have any further question(s), please let us know. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.