[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Interactive] Multi-Language Homepage

cduelk

I am planning to buy the Interactive theme. Additionally, I am using WPML to handle my multi-language content. 

How can I ensure, that the homepage contains for each language the referring language based content. I assume, that the homepage is generated based on the settings in the option panel. And there I can specify i.e. categories. But it would be different categories for me, depending on the language.

Let´s say, I wanna see english language posts, slider content.. on the english version of the homepage and I wanna see french language posts and slider content on the french version of the homepage.

Is this possible ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

• Upvote 1

• Support

Hello,

Can you please share link to your site so that we can take a look into it for helping you better?

Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

You would need to ask that configuration to the team at WPML support. They would be able to answer to you how the translation and language are made.

I apologize that we cannot be of more assistance as it is not within our support policy to troubleshoot for third party plugins. 

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hello,

I know, how the configuration and everything is done. My problem is, if I wanna use i.e. the big featured posts in the Interactive theme, which are configured in the theme options, I have to specify categories. So for the german version of the website, I would need to specify in the theme options the german category names, while I would need to specify the english category names for the english website version. So I would need a language dependent setting in the theme options.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying however that type of customization would need to be handled by WPML, it's not something that the theme would modify. 

WPML is a premium plugin, they have premium support and they should be able to assist you with that customization. 

I now bought the theme to test it. What you can see now is, that it shows the featured posts on the german website version, while it does´t show them on the english version. This is for me a theme related thing and not a WPML related thing. What do you think ?

• Support

Hello,

We need to check that issue by logging into your site.

Please start a new thread under Premium Support forum and share link to your site and WP login details in the Sensitive area field so that we can log into your site to go through the issue for helping you better.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thank you.