[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Onepage] Will The Contact Form Work?

jaylacroix00

Hi,

Looking at the OnePage demo, I was playing with the contact form at the end to see how it behaves (error message, confirmation message...) and saw that it does validate the field, but it's not sending.

So, I wonder if, right out of the box, the form will work?

I didn't see in the admin panel screenshots anything to configure that...

I am hoping that the contact form would display a confirmation message AND send me the information in an email...

Does it require to add a form plugin?

Please giving me as much detail as possible on that form :-)

Thanks!

Hello,

The contact form will work out of the box. It doesn't have any setting, it will send the messages to the admin email set in Settings > General, and show a confirmation message for the user.

If you have any other question, or experience any issue using the theme, please feel free to open a new thread and we will help.

Thank you.

Thanks for your fast response Ben.

Now, tell me, is there a way (plugin?) to send an email to the sender after he completes the form?

Like an automation email... But without using an external paid service or using the "Out of the office" email notification that could be tweaked for that purpose...

Any idea or hook that could be use by a non programmer like me?

Hi,

It should be possible to do it with a small change in functions.php file of the theme. You need to add this line (replacing Your Subject & Your Message in it):

wp_mail(sanitize_email($this->userinput['email']), "Your Subject", "Your Message");

Right before this line:

return wp_mail($email_to, $email_subject, $email_message);

Alternatively, you can install a contact form plugin and use that on the Contact page instead of the built-in form.

Hope that helps.