[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[NewsPaper] Support For Installing New Theme

coppensbruno

Hello,

If you have a site with a lot of images and thumbnails that fitted on that theme (and thumbnails were generated). But now I want to use one of your themes.

So because the dimensions are different it will not fit probably? How can I make sure that my images (large, small thumbnails, inline images) will still look good?

Do you help in the process of using your theme so the images/thumbnails of all the post look good on the new theme I would buy?

Maybe there is a way to make it work so images will continue to look good when switching to your themes?

Thanks!

• Support

Hello,

Once you install one of our themes you will need to regenerate the images, to do that use this plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/otf-regenerate-thumbnails/

Then the images will be fitted / cropped to your new theme. :)

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hello,

Once you install one of our themes you will need to regenerate the images, to do that use this plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/otf-regenerate-thumbnails/

Then the images will be fitted / cropped to your new theme. :)

If I look at the link it says:

Make sure you use these WordPress functions every time you display images:

Does this mean that your theme supports these functions?

Will this still work if you have like 10,000 posts containing 1 to 2 images on average?

Kind regards,

Bruno

• Support

Hello,

The images inside of the posts will not be affected. They will be the size that you determined them to be.

But for the featured images, those that need to be styled by the theme, then the plugin above will regenerate them and fit them to the new theme. 

Yes, the theme uses the correct functions. 

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I expect this thumbnail regenerating plugin to work on big sites also? (I ask because it would mean a lot of images would have to be regenerated).

I also see that the former theme used a tagdiv widget that looks like it was specific for the theme. Probably this would mean this widget wouldn't work anymore?

If you show multiple posts the homepage and in the sidebar recent posts etc. Is there a way so it would not show the same post double?

Do you offer some kind of (paid?) support when transferring from 1 theme to another?

Kind regards,

Bruno

• Support

Hello Bruno,

The plugin will work on big sites also.

I'm not sure what you mean by "tagdiv" widget.

Regarding duplicate posts, you can try using this plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/avoid-duplicate-posts/

However that may not work for the sidebar, you can give it a try.

We don't offer paid support for transferring sites, we can only help you install the theme as shown on the demo. 

Hello MistaPrime,

I appreciate your answer. With help installing the theme does that mean a bit of help to make the images fit the newspaper theme? (with the plugin you mentioned)

Also if there are updates to the theme, will I be able to update it with new versions or do I have to rebuy it when there's a new version? (or will it go back to a free/limited version upon updating?)

Do you happen to know if your themes work together with visual composer? (currently they use this to create the homepage and a couple of other pages)

• Support

Hello,

This plugin that mention: https://wordpress.org/plugins/otf-regenerate-thumbnails/

If your images were uploaded while another theme was active it means they were cropped according to that theme.

Now that you switch to NewsPaper the images need to be re-cropped to fit NewsPaper. You can do it manually by uploading new images or use the plugin I suggested which will automatically force WordPress to re-crop the images for the new theme.

You will have access to updates for a year, then once the year expires you can buy a membership to MyThemeShop if you wish to continue receive support and updates but your theme will work even after a year.

We have not tested VisualComposer but from what I seen in the forums the majority of VisualComposer will not work with our themes.