[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[WP Review Pro] User Comment Rating & Do_Shortcode

off3rz

I'd like to know if I could make the only way to review (rate) a custom/post through posting a comment, and if I could display the average of all users' comment ratings in my theme either through a shortcode or a function.

Further more, could I stylize the output of the average of the ratings?

I've uploaded an image to represent what I want to accomplish in case my English wasn't clear, please check it http://cl.ly/293W1v173c2J

My final question would be about RTL compatibility.

Edited by off3rz

• Support

Hello,

To display the total of the review by a shortcode you can use this shortcode:

[wp-review-total id="25"]

Then you can change the number 25 with your post ID.

The visitors should be able to rate when commenting. You need to enable user reviews from the post editor reviews panel. 

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

This replies only one of my inquiries, could you please help me with the others so that I can decide whether this is the right plugin for me or not?

Thank you so much for your understanding and time!

btw, the above shortcode doesn't work with the free 3.3.5 version, are you sure it does with the paid one?!

Guest Mladen.i

Hello,

Sorry about late reply.

We are working on the update which will contain user reviews average rating shortcode. I'll update you here about implementing the same once the update is released. We will also include RTL support where possible.

Thank you for your patience, the update should be ready tomorrow.

Thank you Mladen.i,

I was actually composing a support ticket after finding out that the main feature I was looking for wasn't there after trying and searching the forums, and I got back here to get this thread URL to reference MistaPrime's reply and my inquiry -including a graphical representation- to claim a refund.

But apparently I misjudged the whole team for a single moderator's error. Hopefully the update will be as good as the rest of the plugin's features.

Best regards,

Off3rz

Guest Mladen.i

Hello,

We have released the the v2.0.6, please update. You'll notice comments average rating inside review box.

If you wan't to show it in some other place please use this shortcode:

[wp-review-comments-rating id="YOUR-POST-ID"]

The output will be the same as in review box, but it will have "visitor-rating-shortcode" on wrapper so that you can style it diferentlly, for example:

.visitor-rating-shortcode {
    background: red;
    border: 1p solid #000;
}

Also, If you want to change shortcode output completely, there is a filter for it which you can use like this:

add_filter( 'wp_review_visitor_rating_shortcode', 'my_shortcode_output', 10, 2 );
function my_shortcode_output( $text, $atts ) {

// your modifications here

return $output; 
}

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further help.

Thank you.