[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[eCommerce] Why Are Single Themes So Expensive? Do You Give Refunds?

retailukcoupons

I been looking at some of your demos and have done a ton of tests, but I'm not totally convinced that ether of them are what they appear to be, from speed to seo..

In particular, I'm concerned that your themes are not actually even ranking with Google, and this would means that the themes may not be totally SEO friendly as you might think they are. From the random testing i been doing I'm yet to find one ranked in the front page of Google... Very simply test, search for a product in Google and then examine all the WordPress sites that come back with a result and so far have not seen one of your themes ranked.

Also the speed, can be misleading if you hosting your demos in a fast server, the moment you throw the theme into a shared hosted server how fast does the theme speed go? i been able to locate some sites running such themes and speed was worst them my current theme.

i certainly think that you are going down the right track by making sure the themes comply with pagespeed insight and other similar services.

As an individual, not a company, with an affiliate Woocommerce website running in a shared host, and literally not making any money, I would like to have a play around with some of your themes, but they appear to be extremely expensive to buy, how can i test some of your premium themes in my own server?

Do you comply with UK laws and provide full refunds if a UK customer is not happy with your product?

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today.

We are aware of the fact that our themes don't rank and we have done that on purpose. As you might have noticed, all our themes use rehashed/copied content from other sources for demo purposes and we do not want to give Google the idea that we are a content farm. Moreover, we do not want the demo's to rank anyways since that won't serve us any purpose.

You can confirm this by checking the robots.txt file of our demo sub-domain here:

http://demo.mythemeshop.com/robots.txt

All bots are disallowed from crawling all content.

Regarding the speed, agreed that dedicated host will perform better than shared server but we have tested our themes on shared platforms as well and verified that our themes are faster than most of the competition. You can specifically run a test of our theme demo against any other theme provider's similar theme demo and see the stats for yourself. I am assuming here that the other providers are running a server with similar config. as ours.

Regarding refunds, we do offer 15 days refund policy to anyone irrespective of where they live. However, 2 conditions need to be fulfilled in order for us to process refunds:

1. If the theme doesn't work as advertised.

2. Or if our support staff wasn't able to help you make the theme look/function exactly like we advertised.

Hope that helps, please don't hesitate to let us know if you need help with anything else.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hello Support,

Thank you for your reply.

I take it from your response that you did not actually understand the point i was making.

I was talking about your customers ranking with your themes, I was not taking about your demos. Do you understand that?

Thank you for clarifying your company policy about refunds.

So you know, about UK refunds policy, if you sell products to UK customers you must also comply with UK law, and UK customers can get a full refund for a product up to 6 years, not just 15 days, if your software is broken or does not do what is suppose to do, by law you have to provide a full refund to UK customers.

https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

Whilst on this topic, and just in case others here reading this are not aware, if you sell a software products to Germany, Germans customers have even much stricter consumer regulations/protections in place, which your company must also comply with, e.g. if you sell software with free updates and/or support for 1 year, Germans are in fact entitled to updates for life, not just for 1 year.

Anyway, enough of that, can you please answer me question, I'm considering 3 of your products, how can I test some of your premium themes in my own server to see if either of the themes does what I want it to do?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today.

We are aware of the fact that our themes don't rank and we have done that on purpose. As you might have noticed, all our themes use rehashed/copied content from other sources for demo purposes and we do not want to give Google the idea that we are a content farm. Moreover, we do not want the demo's to rank anyways since that won't serve us any purpose.

You can confirm this by checking the robots.txt file of our demo sub-domain here:

http://demo.mythemeshop.com/robots.txt

All bots are disallowed from crawling all content.

Regarding the speed, agreed that dedicated host will perform better than shared server but we have tested our themes on shared platforms as well and verified that our themes are faster than most of the competition. You can specifically run a test of our theme demo against any other theme provider's similar theme demo and see the stats for yourself. I am assuming here that the other providers are running a server with similar config. as ours.

Regarding refunds, we do offer 15 days refund policy to anyone irrespective of where they live. However, 2 conditions need to be fulfilled in order for us to process refunds:

1. If the theme doesn't work as advertised.

2. Or if our support staff wasn't able to help you make the theme look/function exactly like we advertised.

Hope that helps, please don't hesitate to let us know if you need help with anything else.

Edited by retailukcoupons

• Support

Hello,

Thanks for clearing that up.

Our clients do rank, I am not sure where you are getting your data from.

Here's one client who recently sold their website and was using our themes:

http://blogs.wsj.com/cmo/2015/07/09/viralnova-just-got-bought-for-100-million-has-the-viral-publisher-shakeout-begun/

Well known internet marketer, Schoemaker (Shoemoney.com) specifically chose our theme because of SEO features our themes provider and you can see his video testimonial here:

There are many others that I am not at liberty to disclose.

If you found any SEO issues with any of our themes, we would be happy to check them. With that said, we are not forcing you to buy our themes :). You are free to buy any theme from other providers if you think our themes don't offer any improvement.

We are not familiar with UK laws since we do not operate from there. However, the link you provided specifically talks about defective items and we are confident that our themes work on any server that is able to run WordPress.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any trials or test runs of our software/themes. If a theme you bought is defective, you can return it for a full refund within 15 days.

Thank you.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Thank you for your reply.

When it comes to buying themes, plugins and other SEO tools which claim amazing things, I been burned too many times, and words do not mean a thing, specially testimonials from marketers who have other interests, even if is just driving traffic to something, unless I see real proof that one of your themes does what it claims to do, you will not see my money.

Ask yourself, Why should I pay you/your company money for something that I potentially would never even use, if the product is not good enough and does not do what I need it to do? I don't need an answer, this is your dilemma, I can only guess that you do not trust your own products that much, if you not able to help a potential customer. And that certainly does not inspire me with confidence either. 

I got a few other options to look at which do not involve mythemeshop.

I truly wish you and your company twice the success, your business module brings your customers. 

• Support

Hello,

We are trying to help you here. You seem to have reservations about our products.

We do trust our products and our users do too. We have users buying 10+ themes after they see one theme working and that's a testimonial in itself.

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck and I hope any theme you chose from other providers works out like the way you want.

Thanks a lot for looking at our products.