[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Magazine] Need Some Advice On Choosing A Theme

alanwood

Hi, I have heard good things about your products and support. I want to take my blog to the next level and also my Google Page speed score for mobile has recently gone way down though my Gtmetrix and Pingdom score are still decent. 

I just bought your Magazine theme. Under the live preview my one complaint was the lack of customization options. It is an attractive looking theme but I didn't see a place to easily edit or change very much. The live preview also showed some photos as larger than others which looked unprofessional. I am currently using a theme called Customizr and like the name suggests it will let you customize almost anything. Here is my site http://gwmac.com

I am not looking for an exact replica of Customizr but I would like more customization options than what I saw in Magazine. I like the grid display for example better than what I have now with the scroll. 

Can you take a look at my site and give me a recommendation? Or maybe tell me if there are some more options in Magazine I am not seeing. My main reason for choosing you guys is the support and also the possibility to speed up my site. I realize I probably have too many plugins and would love to pare the number down if possible. 

Basically I want a very clean and modern looking Magazine type theme but still need to have a similar amount of the content you can see on my current site. Any advice appreciated. 

Edit: I looked around your themes and plugins a bit more and this is almost exactly what I am looking for. http://demo.mythemeshop.com/s/?theme=WP%20Mega%20Menu

That is listed as a plugin. If I buy that will my Magazine theme I just bought from you allow me to approximate the look of that Mega Menu page demo? Or is that working with another theme. I love that degree of customization and flexibility. That would allow me to keep pretty much all the widgets and content I now have with Cutomizr but looks more attractive and would hopefully offer me speed boost. 

P.S. I activated the theme and installed the suggested additional plugins and saw the additional customizations options. I will play around with it to see if I can create what I have in mid. But I would still like to learn more about that premium plugin you offer above and perhaps the MagXP might be a better fit for my vision so might decide to use that one instead. 

Edited by alanwood

• Support

Hello,

I can see that you are already using our Magazine theme and have managed to set it up.

Regarding this different sizes in images, please install "Force Regenerate Thumbnails" plugin and run it once from Tools > Force Regenerate Thumbnails to make every image same sized.

You can use W3 Total Cache to make your website even faster. We have written a nice guide about it:

http://community.mythemeshop.com/tutorials/article/8-make-your-website-load-faster-using-w3-total-cache-plugin/

Yes, the Mega Menu plugin will work exactly like it does on our demo.

If you need assistance with anything else, please do let us know.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• 1 month later...

Choosing A Theme for business is very difficult for me ! however magazine theme is very nice look . last month i bought it for various purpose. i saw theme preview with mega menu , but after installing this theme can not setup mega menu .

• Support

Hi @zakwpd,

Please open a new thread with your request in the relevant section of the forum here http://community.mythemeshop.com/forum/7-theme-support/

It also seems like you are not a premium theme owner. Have you bought the theme from a different account? If so, please open a new thread in the above link using that particular account.

We look forward to helping you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.