[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Spike] Which Theme?

markb81

Hi,

I'm looking for a new clean theme for our Table Tennis club website.

I had a look at the free Great theme which is very nice; but missing the responsive slider.

Then I had a look at the paid Spike theme which is very nice as well. Only I read that the slider contains photo's of the last number of posts of a specified category.

I'm looking for a theme:

- with the look and feel of Great or Spike

- with the cleanliness of those themes

- 2 column with a blogroll and a part for widgets

- With a slider that I just can put photo's in

Do you have advise for me which theme you would recommend?

Kind regards,

Mark

Edited by markb81

• Support

Hello,

We will be glad to help you in the theme support forums. Feel free to open a new thread and in the premium theme support forum with your issues.

Looking forward for helping you there.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hi,

Our OnePage or Yosemite theme might fulfill your requirements well.

http://demo.mythemeshop.com/s/?theme=OnePage

http://demo.mythemeshop.com/s/?theme=Yosemite

You can easily disable all sections and keep just the slider and blog section on your homepage.

Else, you can use the Spike theme as well. You just have to create a unique category and put only the posts in that category which you want to see in the slider.

Hope that helps, please don't hesitate to let us know if you need help with anything else.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the quick reply. Both themes look like they could work. I do have a few questions though:

• Is there a slider on the Onepage theme? I do see some options for it but I don't see it in the example page
  • Can I use different widgets on the right sidebar? Or are they pre-programmed in a way and is it not possible to customize?
  • Is it possible to make the featured images smaller? Like in the 'Great' theme?
  • Is there a way to trial the theme? I bough several themes in the past for different websites which didn't seem to work well or didn't do what I needed after implementation. So I'm a little reluctant to buy right away.
  • Is it allowed (with licensing in mind) to use the theme on a testsite first and then migrate it to the production site? I would like to keep the testsite online just for testing of plugins etc. The testsite will be on a subdomain of the productionsite.

That's it for now :-)

Thanks for your assistance.

Mark

• Support

Hi,

1. Yes, it does. The full width gallery you see just below the menu is a slider.

2. Yes, you can use any widget in the sidebar.

3. Yes, it can be done.

4. Sorry, we won't be able to accommodate that request. I can give you a coupon to get you started though.

5. Yes, you can do that.

Hope that helps. If you have any other queries, do let me know.

Hi Todd,

I already took a leap of faith and ordered the developer subscription yesterday because I like several themes. I got the site yesterday evening up and running for about 80%.

I'm very satisfied with how the theme works and how it's configured. I do have one or two strange things with the site. I will post them in the support forum.

Thanks for your advise.

Kind regards,

Mark

• Support

Hello,

We will be glad to help you in the theme support forums. Feel free to open a new thread and in the premium theme support forum with your issues.

Looking forward for helping you there.

Thank you.