[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[SociallyViral] Socially Viral Theme Archive Sidebar

seanth

• Support

Hi,

The homepage has a widget area that you can add widgets just like a sidebar.

However on the category pages this theme does not have sidebars.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

You can add unlimited sidebars to SociallyViral theme and we have a video tutorial as well for that. Hope that helps. May you have any other question, please let us know. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

No that's not what I mean. I mean can I just add get_sidebar() to the category.php or is it likely to be harder than that.

Hello,

You can add unlimited sidebars to SociallyViral theme and we have a video tutorial as well for that. Hope that helps. May you have any other question, please let us know. Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

Yes, you can open the file archive.php and locate this line of code:

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Above that line of code add this:

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

Then go to Styling Options > Custom CSS and add this:

.category #content_box {
width: 70%;
}

Adding <?php get_sidebar(); ?> inserts the sidebar below the footer: http://screencast.com/t/wHaMT4GYR - I followed your instructions and put it above the get_footer code in archives. Once this is fixed, what Widget in the widgets area do I manage for the category sidebar?

Also, where is the video tutorial for adding the sidebar on the homepage?

• Support

To add widgets in the category sidebar it will be the same sidebar as the rest of the site such as the posts. Appearance > Widgets = Sidebar

If you are still having problems inserting a sidebar into the category pages, open a new forum topic and send a link to your site.

• 2 months later...
  • Support

Hello,

Adding it the same way as it is shown on the homepage requires a lot of edits and unfortunately - that's not something we provide with the support.

If you need help with anything else, please open a new thread and we will be happy to assist.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Adding it the same way as it is shown on the homepage requires a lot of edits and unfortunately - that's not something we provide with the support.

If you need help with anything else, please open a new thread and we will be happy to assist.

Why would you not give us the information on how to make our homepage look like the one in the demo if that's how you are advertising????? Sounds pretty grimey to me. I've been trying to figure this out and I finally find that I wont be able to do it???? MYTHEMESHOP you need to do better. So I will ask you how to implement widget as it appears in your demo.

• Support

Hello, 

@lowpages:

Thank you for using SociallyViral.

We are really sorry if you can not find any information as per your requirement.

You need to download the demo data from your account and unzip that to get the file.

Then you need to import that in your site by going to Dashboard > Tools > Import so that you can get the look of the site same as that of the demo there. Then you can start customizing the contents and add featured images of your own to set the site as er demo.

Make sure you have set the front page display to your latest posts under Settings > Reading.

For the home page widget, You can download and install out Subscribe plugin.

After that you need to go to Appearance > Widgets and add the subscribe widget you found there (after installing the plugin) to the Home page widget area and set that as per your requirement.

Hope that helps.

Thank you..

• 2 months later...
  • Support

Hello,

SociallyViral theme does not support sidebar on both sides at a time. But you can use some plugin for creating some sidebar in another side and add your ad code there. You can use Dynamic Widgets plugin for achieving that.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • Support

Hello,

@islamiclandmarks:

Thank you for using SociallyViral.

As mentioned in your quoted text, the theme do not support the left and right sidebar at a time. You can either use the right sidebar or the left sidebar at a time in this theme. If you want both sidebars at a time, then you have to use some third party plugin for that.

Thank you.

• 7 months later...
  • Support

Hello @sheenazdevil,

The theme SociallyViral is a premium theme, therefore please ask your question in the premium theme forum here: https://community.mythemeshop.com/forum/7-theme-support/

Or if you are using the free version of SociallyViral ask your question here: https://community.mythemeshop.com/forum/3-free-theme-support/

Don't forget to include your site's URL so that we can troubleshoot.