[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Blogging] Issues customizing a theme - no options?

webmaster130

Before I spend money on a MyThemeShop theme, I've been trying a demo theme, Sensational.

However, the theme offers none of the customizations you guys mention on the theme or show in the demo. 

I want to fool with the customizations on the theme to see what I can do before I commit to buying a premium theme. It isn't a good sign to me that I'm not able to do any of the Sensational customizations promised in the theme on your website. Why is that? What am I missing?

I don't want to purchase my desired premium theme until I've had a chance to see how customization works on a free one, and it looks like that doesn't work. How come? Am I missing something?

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop.

First of all, Sensational theme is completely free. We do not have any Premium version of that.

Also, you have mentioned that you can not find the customization mentioned in the site on the theme.

Can you please be more specific that which customization you can't find so that we can try our best to point you on the right path?

Looking forward to helping you.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

I do know that Sensational is a free theme. What I meant was that I wanted to fool with one of your company's free themes to see how they're built and if the customization options are good before I buy a premium theme from you.

One of the most obvious examples of lack of customization from what is promised is the left menu. The links are supposed to have a nice background to the text (light red in the preview) but there's no option for that in the theme customization. That's a big appeal of that theme. I made a graphic that shows how they're supposed to look in your preview vs. how it actually looks when you use the theme.

jeTaWoo.jpg

• Support

Hello,

It is normal that the Sensational theme is not working as on the preview because the Sensational theme is old and deprecated.
See list of themes here which are no longer supported: https://community.mythemeshop.com/topic/112504-action-required-we-have-discontinued-some-themes/

If you wish to test our free themes, we recommend you use the Schema Lite theme: https://mythemeshop.com/themes/schema/

It is a modern theme and has our support once you purchase the premium version.

Thanks,

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.