[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[SociallyViral] Update

chris491

Hi,

The reply button on my theme has stopped working and I assume there are some security reasons to update the theme from it's state Techsnail.com. This is something I am considering doing.

However, I am concerned that over the years we (myself with Mythemeshop) have done some custom CSS or tweaking and I'm worried that the update will remove this?

Is there a way to get a list of all the current custom settings and code associated with my site so that I know what to add back in and don't end up with lots of support issues replacing it or slowing the site down. 

all the best

Chris

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop.

Can you please let us know where you have added the Custom CSS to your theme and where you have made the custom modifications?

Have you modified any core file for that?

Looking forward to helping you.

Thank you.

• Like 2

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

To be honest I can't remember all the changes that were we made but all the changes I have made have been via this support channel and through the advice given here. so should be in my history. I think some were added to the sheets and others were through the custom port but I can't remember exactly.

Do the custom CSS bits add to core files too? Can you help with advice as to what action I should take?

Will it remove the google analytics, my cookie prompt, logo style etc? I feel like the update would be a lot of work and if there was a way to simplify it that would be great. 

All the best

Chris

Edited by chris491

• Support

Hello,

The changes made inside the Theme Options panel will remain safe even after you update the theme in future.

But changes made inside the php files will reset upon update.

If you have added the analytics code in the Theme Options panel, then it'll remain safe too.

Thank you.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Sorry to keep asking questions but I intend to do this update today and just want to save myself the issue of lots going wrong.

1) Is there a record of changes and which php files are affected in updates since January 14, 2019

2) Is there a way to see all the custom CSS changes I have done from within the customization area (see fig 1 attached). Would any custom CSS show there? screenshot-for-mytheme-shop.jpg

Thank you!

• Support

Hello,

1. You can check the changes from here:

https://mythemeshop.com/changelog/?product=sociallyviral

2. You can not retrieve the changes you have made within that area.

Thank you.

• Like 1