[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[URL Shortener Pro] Presale Question

hoangdung760

Hello Team,
I have planning to purchase the paid version of your plugin, but just have a presale question:

My current URL shortener plugin has automatically added a slash ('/') to the endpoint of the shorted URL, e.g., mydomain/out/HOIDSIHDF/, but your plugin is not to do that (I tested with the free version). When I manually add a '/' to the URL shorted by your plugin and then do a test, but instead of redirection to the target link, it's returned to 404 pages. 

I have a lot of articles posted with the shorted URL that has '/' at the endpoint, so you know I can't replace them manually. So, is there any idea for my problem? Or could you please fix your plugin that allows it will redirect to the target link no matter have or haven't a '/' at the endpoint of URL?

Please excuse my poor English :)

Hello,

The URL Shortener takes the trailing slash (or the lack of it) into account. When you set up the short link with the trailing slash included (e.g. mydomain/out/HOIDSIHDF/) then the redirection will only work with the trailing slash included (mydomain/out/HOIDSIHDF will NOT redirect).

To redirect both versions (with AND without the trailing slash) to the same final URL, you could either simply create 2 short links (one for both versions), or you can use some redirection to globally enforce URLs with or without the trailing slash, for example via the .htaccess file: https://stackoverflow.com/a/21417551

Hope that helps.

Hello,

The URL Shortener takes the trailing slash (or the lack of it) into account. When you set up the short link with the trailing slash included (e.g. mydomain/out/HOIDSIHDF/) then the redirection will only work with the trailing slash included (mydomain/out/HOIDSIHDF will NOT redirect).

To redirect both versions (with AND without the trailing slash) to the same final URL, you could either simply create 2 short links (one for both versions), or you can use some redirection to globally enforce URLs with or without the trailing slash, for example via the .htaccess file: https://stackoverflow.com/a/21417551

Hope that helps.