[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

Web Developer Account

Hi there,

Have been recommended by some users about your great themes and service and have a few questions.

I am a web developer and wanted to know if I start a web developer subscription plan and I able to use your themes in websites I sell to future clients.

I am possibly planning to develop turn key websites for different niches and selling them on.

my questions are:

1) Is this allowed with your Terms and Conditions?

2) Will the new owners be allowed to continue using the theme's?

3) Do the new owners need to sign up and/or pay anything to use the theme?

4) Will the new owners get direct support through the support forum's? I assume I would have create a login for them if this is the case?

5) The developer option mentions it comes support to help install up to ten times with clients, can this be increased for a additional fee if I need it?

6) Am I able to remove the "mytheme shop" branding from the custom WP dashboard your theme's use?

Thanks in advance.

• Support

Hello,

You are free to sell your website that uses one of our themes. However, you cannot resell our themes as-is without adding any value to it.

What you can do:

1. Use our themes on unlimited domains with no restrictions.

2. If you buy a developer license, you can use our themes on unlimited number of client's websites.

3. You can create a website complete with content and then you can sell your website, not just the theme.

What you can't do.

1. Distribute or resell our themes as-is without adding any value to it or if you market them as your own creation.

2. Offer the theme for free download or for a fee to anyone.

GNU license lets you edit the code freely but you can't sell it without the permission of its owner. Moreover, the code is protected by the GNU license but the designs are protected under copyrights laws and you can't copy the design and market it as you own.

Your clients won't get any support from us. Only the user we collect payment from gets access to our support forum.

Hope that clears the confusion.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hi,

I appreciate your interest in our themes. I would love to answer your questions.

1. Yes. You can create a website using our theme, pass it off to your client but your client cannot resell or redistribute it.

2. Yes, new owner can use and edit the theme as any other user would.

3. No, they don't have to pay anything extra to continue using the theme. But you will have to renew the license after one year if you need continued theme updates or access to our support forums.

4. No, only the user who made the purchase would get access to the support forums.

5. Yes, absolutely. We can do that.

6. Yes, you can remove our branding from front-end as well as back-end.

Hope that helps and don't hesitate to ask us any other questions you might have.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the information.

In question c1) regarding the client not being able to resell the website. Is it possible for them to resell it if they purchase the theme that was used in the site and hence obtain a licence to resell it if they decide to at a later date. This way I assume they would also obtain direct support from mythemeshop aswell, is this correct?

Cheers.

• Support

Hello,

Our themes cannot be resold. You can use them on your client's website but you cannot sell the theme as is and you cannot redistribute them.

I hope that is clear.

Hi and thanks for the response, I understand that point from before, but sorry if I was not clear, my question is , if I make a website using one of your themes and then sell the site to a customer, can the customer resell the website if they decide they want to at a later date? In your earlier response I may have misunderstood, but you mentioned that they cannot resell the site? So my second question is, if they buy a site developed by me that uses one of your themes, and then I use your affiliate program so they purchase the theme and therefore obtain there own license for theme, would they now get direct tech support from you for the theme and also have right to resell the website if they wished to?

Hi again,

Sorry as I am a little confused as with your terms of conditions, and I want to make sure myself and my future customers understand and correctly follow the GNU licensing terms.

Your terms states that your themes are licensed under GNU license which I understand would mean that their should not be any resale restrictions on any website I build using one of your theme's that I purchase from you, I believe based on your terms and conditions and the mention of the GNU licence that if I sell a website that's using one of mythemeshop's theme's to a customer and then at a later date the customer wishes to sell the website, they or me shouldn't have any restrictions in doing so.... sorry just a bit confused here on this one could you please check and confirm?

This is taken from your terms and conditions page: 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Theme Licensing & Usage

Our customers have full liberty to use all our WordPress themes that are licensed under the GNU general public license on any number of websites.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

My understanding of the GNU license means that I should not take away any freedom of using the software, hence I should not take away the freedom from my customers if they decide to sell the website.

1) So does this mean that If I build websites using your themes, I can later sell these websites?

2) The new owner of the website can also sell the website later if they choose without any restriction from mythemeshop?

If you could kindy help and clarify these points that would be a great help.

And love your themes, there awsome.!

Cheers.

• Support

Hello,

You are free to sell your website that uses one of our themes. However, you cannot resell our themes as-is without adding any value to it.

What you can do:

1. Use our themes on unlimited domains with no restrictions.

2. If you buy a developer license, you can use our themes on unlimited number of client's websites.

3. You can create a website complete with content and then you can sell your website, not just the theme.

What you can't do.

1. Distribute or resell our themes as-is without adding any value to it or if you market them as your own creation.

2. Offer the theme for free download or for a fee to anyone.

GNU license lets you edit the code freely but you can't sell it without the permission of its owner. Moreover, the code is protected by the GNU license but the designs are protected under copyrights laws and you can't copy the design and market it as you own.

Your clients won't get any support from us. Only the user we collect payment from gets access to our support forum.

Hope that clears the confusion.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for helping clear my concerns up, a really big thanks. I really would like to use some of your themes in some of my website development projects.

I currently still have two questions left unanswered.

1) If I build a website using one of your themes, then sell the developed website, can the the purchaser resell the website they buy from me if they wish to at a later date or must I tell them that they cannot sell the website to anybody? I need to know this so I can advise future customers about this.

2) if I use your affiliate program and sign them up for the single theme that was used in the development of the website they purchased, will they now receive support directly from Mythemeshop support?

• Support

Hello,

1. Yes, they can resell the purchased website from you. That is not an issue.

2. Yes, in that case, the original buyer of a theme will receive free direct support from us. Hope that helps. If there is anything, please let me know. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

• Support

Hi, I am glad that answered your queries. I would really appreciate it if you could leave us a testimonial on http://bit.ly/1jNTNkn. Nothing too fancy, just a few words describing your overall experience with MyThemeShop. This will help us serve you, our members, better.

Really appreciate your time and patience. Thanks.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin