[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[NewsPaper] Questions in regards of testing

Hi!

First of all I would like to say that it's neat mythemeshop has a distinct forum and has built a seperate community that helps everyone. The internet often feels like an ocean full of information. Speaking of information, I require some help in regards of buying a certain theme and applying it. They are mostly pre sales questions in regards of what the steps are after buying a theme and how it is delivered and in regards of documentations and rules. It's better to be prepared then be surprised and request a refund.

I'll list my questions so they remain organized. They are in regards of the "NewsPaper" theme.

1. When buying the Newspaper theme (https://mythemeshop.com/themes/newspaper/) how is this delivered? Do I get a .zip file with the theme inside of this that I can upload and extract in my wordpress backbone on a hoster/offline?
  2. This theme promises a "24x7 Premium Technical Support". Where is this support? Is this provided by mythemeshop or is this provided by the themes owner?
  3. On the website it shows that I can buy a license for 1, 5 or 10 sites. However, what is defined as a site? For instance: at the moment I do not own a domain but I test my wordpress skills through a subdomain which has .000webhostapp.com in its name. This way I can access it online and work on it with my colleague without needing to do it offline and use github to constantly update our files. Of course we don't want to launch with a .000webhostapp.com prefix in our name, but will installing the theme on this subdomain be considered a use of one license? And if so, are we allowed to use it temporarily on this subdomain and later on switch it to our official domain?

Thank you in advance.

Achie

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop today.

1 - You will get a link to login to your member's area on MyThemeShop and from there you will be able to download a .zip file of your theme.

2 - We provide the support to you just like we are replying to your request here. You would submit your support requests here once you purchase the theme.

3 - A licence is basically an installation of the theme on an online server, that can be on a domain or on a subdomain.
If you are working on a subdomain as a test, that's no problem, the licence will apply to that subdomain. Then when you want to switch it to a live site just let us know and we will change the licence for you.

I hope that helps.

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate that.

I'm sorry but I have another question. I saw that the NewsPaper theme allowed for additional custom CSS within it's option panel. How does this work in regards of theme updates? Will this box be cleared with each update? Do I have to make a child-theme file? Or will this additional CSS box not be affected?

Thank you

EDIT: I have been trying to buy the Newspaper theme for 35$ from the mythemes shop. Since I reside in the Netherlands, credit cards are not popular and not many people own one. We use Paypal. However, Paypal is also asking me to add a credit card. I believe it is because of the 19$ yearly recurring subscription. I do not look forward to using more than a year worth of updating and support. Can a one time fee of 35$(theme)+19$(a year of updates/support) be done without using a credit card on Paypal?

Edited by eightiesemperor

• Support

Hello,

The Custom CSS box will not be cleared after updates. You do not have to make a child theme if you are going to use only Custom CSS and theme options panel. Child themes are done only if you decide to modify core files such as .php files.

Regarding your issue about buying the theme please contact our Accounts team here. They will take a look at the payment issue.

Thanks,

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Mili locked this topic