[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] unique url

viselfrisuren

Hi,

is there a way to disable the unique url feature so that (sub)pages do only show the main url + specific site name.? Since I installed Rank Math every site url additionally shows the unique url set on the main page with rank math options. When I just leave the unique url tag empty on the backend editor of the main site, automaticly the post name will be set as default unique url...

Thanks for your help!

Mario Visel

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Do you want to remove parent slug from child page URL? If so, you'll have to use some Custom Permalink like https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-permalinks/.

Rank Math doesn't create any unique URL by post name, that's what WordPress does. When you create a new post, by default WP checks if a slug is used before in any other posts on your site and set the URL accordingly with parent slug.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hi Pratik,

thank you for the quick response. I don't want to remove parent slug. Please see images below. In general settings on the main page I can type in "unique url". This field will be filled automatically if not set manually, then using page title. No matter what you tipe in, these infos will be shown with every site link except this main page (see images below).

Is it possible to disable this feature so that the urls of the site only use post name for generating the page links, as set by default on wordpress? 

Thanks for your help,

Mario

3-editable-fields.jpg

--------------------------------

3-edit.jpg

• Support

Hello,

Rank Math plugin uses post name to set the unique URL as it is set by default on WordPress, it doesn't generate the unique URL by title. Can you please share your login details in the Sensitive Data Section so we can check the Settings on your site?

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• 2 weeks later...