[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Google is showing " cant fetch" error for sitemap

narmadi

Hello

Google is showing " cant fetch" error for sitemap.
I have added some rewrite rules based on the your tutorial to fix sitemap issued but google still showing " cant fetch" error for sitemap.

I can open the sitemap index but I cannot open (on browser) the sitemap post such as

mydomain.com/post-sitemap1.xml
mydomain.com/post-sitemap2.xml

kindly check and solve issue

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

The post-sitemap1.xml and post-sitemap2.xml was not working on your site. I got 500 Memory exhausted error when I tried to access these pages. The memory limit set on your site is not enough to load 1000 posts at a time in a Sitemap. So to fix it, I logged into your site and I changed the Links per Sitemap value in Sitemap Settings to 200 from 1000.

Now the sitemap is loading fine on your site. Please try submitting your Sitemap again in Google Search Console.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

You will have to remove the existing sitemaps and submit it again in Google Search Console. Please follow the below steps:

1. Sign in to Google Search Console.
  2. In the sidebar, select your website.
  3. Click on 'Index' to expand the section and then click on 'Sitemaps'.
  4. Remove all invalid sitemaps
  5. Enter sitemap_index.xml into the text box that appears.
  6. Click Submit.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

I looked at your_site_url/itemap_index.xml and I see it loads. I also ran a CURL check and it shows 200 OK. This means Google can crawl and index it. I am not sure why Google is failing to do so but Rank Math is outputting the sitemap as expected.

Please try clearing cache from your theme, plugin, server, CDN and browser and try submitting the sitemap again. Also, please whitelist the sitemap URL in Cache plugin, you should not cache the Sitemap pages.

If Sitemap doesn't work even after clearing cache than please contact Google for more information as Rank Math is outputting the sitemap correctly.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I sent you sensitive data as requested, hope that this problem can be resolved, because I do not know how to resolved this sitemap problem.

FYI, Rank Math SEO plugin also inform that there is no sitemap?

Kindly check and resolve the issue

IMG_2607.JPG

• Support

Hello,

I wanted to take a look at the SEO Analysis, but I couldn't log in with the provided access details. Can you please check and add the correct login details in the Sensitive Data Section?

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for sending the details.

Can you please replace the content of the Robots.txt file on your server with the one added in the Sensitive Data field?

Once done, please let us know.

Looking forward to helping you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

• Support

Hello,

Sorry, there was a mismatch in it. Please update that again.

After that, please check the link added below the content of Robots.txt file.

Add your Sitemap's URL in it and click on the Submit button.

Hello,

I did it and the result, both on google console and rank math search console remind the same.

google console: couldn't fetch

Rank math console: 'https://midomain.com/sitemap_index.xml' is not a sitemap index

Kindly check and resolve the issue

Thank you

• Support

Hello,

Can you please add support-team@mythemeshop.com on your Google Search Console account so we can verify and check the issue in detail?

• Support

Hello,

We are extremely sorry but we cannot seem to be able to find the issue.

We tried everything including using other Sitemap plugins to generate your sitemaps and submitted them to GSC but the problem persists. We think this issue might be arising from your web host. Could you please get in touch with your web hosting provider and ask them about this? 

Do let us know how it goes.