[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] rankmath sitemap issue

singhmichael01

• Support

Hello,

We are sorry about the trouble this must have caused. 

Please follow these steps to fix the issue.

1. Go to WP > Rank Math > Sitemap Settings and hit the save button once.

2. Go to WP > Settings > Permalinks and hit the save button once.

That should fix the issue. You can verify that your sitemap is opening by opening each sitemap URL in your browser. Then, use the GSC's resubmit option to make Google re-crawl your sitemap.

If for any reason you aren't able to open the sitemap link in your browser, please open share your WP logins using the sensitive data section so we can take a closer look at this.

Thank you. 

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Google is still unable to fetch sitemap... and kindly check and solve the issue... because it happens only after changing Yoast to rankmath.  And due to these crawling issues, our ranking is going down and google reducing the indexing.

sitemap URLs is opening in the browser but Google is unable to fetch it i don't know why? but issues are live from dec.2018.... so there is a problem which you need to check. I confirm from our hosting kinsta that everything is fine from their side  and using HTTP 200.

kindly check and solve the issue and let me know if there is anything for me. 

Edited by singhmichael01

• Support

Hello,

I looked at your_site_url/sitemap_index.xml, /page-sitemap.xml and I see it loads. I also ran a CURL check and it shows 200 OK. This means Google can crawl and index it. I am not sure why Google is failing to do so but Rank Math is outputting the sitemap as expected.

Please try clearing cache from your theme, plugin, server, CDN and browser and try submitting the sitemap again. Remove the existing sitemaps and submit the Sitemap again on Google Search Console:

1. Sign in to Google Search Console.
  2. In the sidebar, select your website.
  3. Click on 'Index' to expand the section and then click on 'Sitemaps'.
  4. Remove all invalid sitemaps
  5. Enter sitemap_index.xml into the text box that appears.
  6. Click Submit.

If Sitemap doesn't work even after clearing cache than please contact Google for more information as Rank Math is outputting the sitemap correctly.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.