[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Category description crashes with Rank Math

lavawebs

Hello, I'm using a plugin on my site to add text on the blog categories. Today I realized that when I activate Rank Math, it automatically duplicates that text on my website. Once in front of the header and once in its corresponding place. If I deactivate the plugin it works again correctly. I'm using the Clean template.

Just yesterday I changed the Yoast for the Rank Math and I have already deleted it, so I have no option to go back to the previous point without losing all the changes.

I need urgent help please.

Edited by lavawebs

• Support

Hi,

I am extremely sorry about this issue you are facing. 

Could you please explain what text is being duplicated? 

We tried to see your website but seems you already disabled Rank Math. 

Do you mean the text is added as a meta description in the `<head>` or do you mean something else? A screenshot would be tremendously helpful in diagnosing this issue. 

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hello, I've disabled Rank Math, of course, I can have a thousand words content showing on my categories before the header of the site.

I have updated the sensitive data with screenshots.

And yes, the text is added as a meta description in the <head>.

I think the problem is that the plugin I'm using for add a bottom description in categories calls this description on the loop-end hook. But I'm not a programmer, not sure.

Thank you.

Edited by lavawebs

• Support

Hello,

You seem to be using a shortcode for creating the descriptions.

Could you please use text descriptions instead? 

If you would like us to take a closer look, please update the sensitive data section with your WP logins.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

No, I'm not using a shortcode. I use a plugin to add a bottom text area on the categories. I don't know how the plugin calls the description.

As you can see on the screenshots, al de text of the category apperas between the rank math plugins comments in the head code.

I add WP login on sensistive data.

Thanks

• Support

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that this requires the input of our lead developers. They have been alerted but since it is the weekend, the replies are going to be slower than usual.

We would really appreciate your patience in this matter.

Please know that we will try and respond to this query ASAP.

• Support

Hello,

I was able to reproduce this issue on my setup with the CategoryTinymce 5 plugin. The Category Description plugin uses the loop_end hook to add the bottom description which is conflicting with the Rich Snippet functionality of Rank Math. The CollectionPage snippet which we use in Category pages uses a WP loop to get the content of the posts. To fix it please add below code in your theme's functions.php file:

if ( function_exists( 'wordcatins' ) ) {
	remove_action( 'loop_end' , 'wordcatins', 1000 );

add_action( 'wp_head', function(){
		add_action( 'loop_end' , 'wordcatins', 1000 );
	}, 9999 );
}

Or please contact the plugin author and ask them to wrap the loop_end hook in wp_head with high priority so it won't conflict with any plugins which use the post data in the head.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if there is anything else.

Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

It was a pleasure helping you. We are glad you found our help useful. If you have any other questions in future, do let us know. We are here to help you.

Could you please leave us a testimonial (if you haven't already done that) on about your overall experience with MyThemeShop? This will help us serve you, our members, better. We appreciate your time and patience.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/seo-by-rank-math/reviews/?filter=5

Thank you in anticipation.

• Mili locked this topic