[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Sitemap XML files gone bad?

anthony2

Seems like all of my websites that are running on Rank Math SEO and its sitemap xml file is not recognizable by Google. Either it says that it's in HTML or/and cannot be used. I am unable to use search console to run indexes and make sure everything is working as it should be. 

A website is provided in sensitive data field. This is just one example out of 15 websites we run on and has similar error. 

• Support

Hello,

I logged into your site and I disabled the Sitemap generated by Jetpack. The /robots.txt file now shows only 1 sitemap. Please try submitting your sitemap again on Google.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

It looks like you are submitting the wrong sitemap URL (sitemap.xml) on Google. The Rank Math SEO sitemap URL to submit ends in sitemap_index.xml. Please try submitting the correct Sitemap on Google i.e {your_site_url}/sitemap_index.xml.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

I checked Sitemap on your site and it looks ok to me. Can you please submit sitemap again on Google? Also, can you give us a screenshot of the error you get in the Search Console?

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

Okay, it now works... I am facing a different issue now. Please see what it tells me below. I definitely don't want pages and posts to be blocked. Also, am I supposed to submit in all sitemap: author, pages, post, etc? 

#   Type Issue Description Issues count Example Line Detected

Warnings
Url blocked by robots.txt.
Sitemap contains urls which are blocked by robots.txt.
-
Feb 11, 2019
Value: https://domainname.com/category-sitemap.xml
-
Feb 11, 2019
Value: https://domainname.com/page-sitemap.xml
-
Feb 11, 2019

• Support

Hello,

Can you please fix your Robots.txt file? It's showing 2 different sitemap links:
R4uQPh+

It seems like the other Sitemap generated by the other plugin you are using is interfering with Rank Math's sitemap.

You can disable Rank Math's Sitemap and use the other plugin's Sitemap.

Hope that helps. If you have any further question(s), please let us know. Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

• Support

Hello,

Can you please ask your hosting as the file could be hidden and not showing up in the FTP program?

If that doesn't help, please share your WordPress & FTP login details in the "Sensitive Data" section by clicking the Add button on the top and bottom right-hand side on this ticket and follow the instructions shown in the screenshot below:
rQoczm+

• Support

Hello,

20 hours ago, anthony2 said:

Actually I do not see those sitemaps in my FTP. Where can I locate the robots.txt and sitemap files?

Yoast sitemap is generated on the fly so you won’t find any physical sitemap file on your server. The robots.txt file should be in your root directory. I tried logging in to your server, but I couldn't with the provided access details ( screenshot of error added in the Sensitive Data Section ). Can you please check that and provide us with the correct access details?

• Support

Hello,

I was able to login to your site now but I couldn't find the robots.txt file. It looks like the file is hidden and not accessible through an FTP program. Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to change the robots.txt file or make it.

• Support

Hello,

So I logged in to your website to checked the conflicting plugins.

It seems like you have Sitemaps enabled through Jetpack plugin:
uLczzJ+

I did not change the settings as I'm unsure if you need the Sitemaps from that plugin. You have enabled the News Sitemap on your website through JetPack. Do you need it?

• Support

Hello,

I logged into your site and I disabled the Sitemap generated by Jetpack. The /robots.txt file now shows only 1 sitemap. Please try submitting your sitemap again on Google.