[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Authority] Customizing, Features

vinvangogh2015

Hello,

I want to develop a site to highlight other websites and vendors and industry leaders with services and some of their products (mostly informational-based), blog articles, etc. The site would be part blog, part services, part reviews, part social community forum.

It would be a growing, interactive DIRECTORY of aforementioned vendors.

Vendors can ADVERTISE, buy ad space on the site, provide expert content, etc. Ideally, each vendor will have a BIO/PROFILE and STORE PAGE (possibly combining the two onto one customer page dedicated for each vendor?) with their bio updates, blog contributions, product offers, community following details, customer reviews/ratings/comments, etc.

The site could potentially collect hundreds or thousands of vendors in the directory, therefore it would be critical to be able to manage and keep updated such a feature.

Researching the above points seems to suggest I need:

• SEO optimization (okay, perhaps a no-brainer)
  • Schema ready/friendly (just learned what this is)
  • Affiliate marketing features (?)
  • Lightening fast loading
  • Social/community forum features
  • Review and rating features
  • Social sharing features
  • Social business directory
  • Vendor/member profiles
  • Inter-related user activity ability (ex: a user enters a review and the site automatically updates different elements, sections, pages, etc., using that information)

I've found:

REHUB has the DIRECTORY, REVIEW, COMMUNITY, PROFILE features, but it seems heavily price comparison focused which is not my primary concern.

One particular REHUB/Sizam theme is http://rehub.wpsoul.com/ (Click on Extended Profiles, Vendor Store, PRO Profile, etc., to get a feel how these features can help me build a community, ratings, etc.)

OPTIMIZE by Mikado: https://themeforest.net/item/optimize-seo-digital-marketing-social-media-theme/14521258?s_rank=5.I don't know if has the features I need.

AVADA by ThemeFusion is the best-selling multi-purpose WP theme of all time, but maybe it's overkill and much slower. (?)

AUTHORITY by MyThemeShop looks amazing!  I've heard great things about AUTHORITY, and the fact it's modeled after Matthew Woodward's "six figure blog" shows command of the market.  I would like to learn if Authority can be customized by a non-professional/developer like myself to include directory, social community, ratings and reviews, vendor store/profile features, etc.

Thank you.
Edited by vinvangogh2015
Typo

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and your interest in Authority.

Authority theme is normally a Blogging theme. It does not have any Directory feature.

However, you can customize the theme as per your requirement by custom changes or using plugins (if there are any) to cover what you want.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your reply.  As I am not a coder, how costly and time consuming do you feel it would be to take a WP theme and customize it to have the directory?  REHub already has the directory function built into it but I don't know if it is a fast loading theme like Authority.  This forum -- for example your page, https://community.mythemeshop.com/profile/234824-jitendraa/ -- what program or theme is used?

Are you in Bengaluru?  I miss India.   

• Support

Hello,

The difficulty of transforming a theme into a directory will depend on how complex you want your directory to be.
Most WP directory sites use regular themes but with directory plugins.

We are located around the world, Jitendraa is indeed in India. The rest of our team is in Serbia, Hungary, Canada and other places.

Thanks,

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.