joshnaughton11

I am getting these errors with my xml site maps:

on /?sitemap=1 "Error loading stylesheet: Parsing an XSLT stylesheet failed."

and on sitemap_index.xml a 404 error.

I have a Nginx server.

I added these rows to nginx.conf:
# START Nginx Rewrites for Rank Math Sitemaps
rewrite ^/sitemap_index.xml$ /index.php?sitemap=1 last;
rewrite ^/([^/]+?)-sitemap([0-9]+)?.xml$ /index.php?sitemap=$1&sitemap_n=$2 last;
# END Nginx Rewrites for Rank Math Sitemaps

• Support

Hello,

I see the issue on your site when AMP Takeover (Beta) option is enabled in AMP Settings, the AMP plugin adds a custom title tag instead of using the one created by the theme. Please add below code in your theme's functions.php file to overwrite the title created by AMP plugin:

add_filter( 'pre_get_document_title', function( $title ) {
	$generate = new RankMath\Generate();
	$title = $generate->get( 'title' );
	return $title;
}, 999, 1 );

Hope that helps. If there is anything else, please let us know.

Thank you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin.

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Please share your login details in the "Sensitive Data" section by clicking the Add button on the top and bottom right-hand side on this ticket and follow the instructions shown in the screenshot below:
rQoczm+

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

All Settings on your sites looks ok to me. The issue is likely to do with other settings on your server. Please contact your server team, they could help you better with this.

Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

I deactivated the Health Check plugin which I installed on your site to check any plugin conflict. You will no longer see the popup now.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Support

Hello,

Can you please give us some more details about the problem? What exactly is not working on your site?

• Support

Hello,

If you've recently updated your title, Search Engines probably hasn't indexed the new data yet. It can take up to a week for Google/Bing to index the changes you made, depending on how often your website is crawled. If you type, in Google, cache: followed immediately by the URL of your site or page, you'll see what Google has cached for your site. If the appeared date is before you made the changes, you'll have to wait for Google to crawl your site again.

Also, please stay advised that it is upto Google to honor the information someone passes. If Google feels that some text from the post reflects your content better for a particular search query, it will display different information.

Hope that helps. If there is anything else, please let us know. Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

The login details you added in the Sensitive Data Section is not working for me. Can you please check that and add the correct username and password? Or please use the following plugin and generate a link with the admin access?
https://wordpress.org/plugins/temporary-login-without-password/

Also, please add the links of the pages where title is wrong?

• Support

Hello,

4 hours ago, joshnaughton11 said:

It might be a conflict with the AMP plugin.

Rank Math plugin is compatible with the AMP plugin which is active on your site.

It looks like Server cache is enabled on your site, the changes I am doing on your site are not reflecting on the frontend. Please contact your hosting team ask them to disable or purge cache. Also, I saw many plugins on your site are not updated, please update those plugins too.

• Support

Hello,

I see the issue on your site when AMP Takeover (Beta) option is enabled in AMP Settings, the AMP plugin adds a custom title tag instead of using the one created by the theme. Please add below code in your theme's functions.php file to overwrite the title created by AMP plugin:

add_filter( 'pre_get_document_title', function( $title ) {
	$generate = new RankMath\Generate();
	$title = $generate->get( 'title' );
	return $title;
}, 999, 1 );

Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

We are super happy that this resolved your issue. If you have any other questions in future, know that we are here to help you.

If you don't mind me asking, could you please leave us a review (if you haven't already) on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/seo-by-rank-math/reviews/?filter=5#new-post about your overall experience with Rank Math? We appreciate your time and patience.

If you do have another question in the future, please feel free to create a new forum topic, and it will be our pleasure to assist you again.

Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

I don't see any issue with the post and category sitemap on your site /category-sitemap.xml, /post-sitemap.xml.

1 hour ago, joshnaughton11 said:

Also, I set no index to all pages. How can I exclude some pages from not being deindexed

Do you want to index some pages on your site? If so, please enable the Page Sitemap in Dashboard >> Rank Math >> Sitemap Settings >> Pages.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

To crawl only a few pages on your site, please make the below changes in your Settings:

1) In Dashboard >> Rank Math >> Titles & Meta >> Pages >> Page Robots Meta >> Select No index
2) In Dashboard >> Rank math >> Sitemap Settings >> Pages >> Enable Include in Sitemap
3) Edit the Page you want to index and in Rank Math Metabox >> Advanced >> Robots Meta, check No Archive option and update the post.

After making these changes, you'll see 1 more sitemap ( page_sitemap.xml ) in sitemap_index.xml.

Hope that helps. Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

That setting instructs the search engines to not index your website.

Here's a detailed tutorial on it:
https://rankmath.com/kb/titles-and-meta/

Please go through that once and let us know if you have any questions.

That tickbox should not have been checked on a live website.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Hi,

I know I shouldn't have been checked it. All my traffic is dead. Hope it will come to normal after google index it back.

I should have paid more attention to that.

Also, I see google doesn't take rankmath meta description on the indexed posts. Is it because of the update or I should wait more to fetch it better after de-index.

Thanks