[OFFER ALERT!] This Halloween, Get Any Premium Theme for Just $19 [GET IT NOW]

[Rank Math SEO Plugin] Redirect Category to Tags and other "strange" redirect

itisme64

Hi,

This is my first website with your Rank Math Plugin (tested on some "old" ones) but i see some " strange" things going on and not sure if your plugin does this.

1. I have some old post imported with www.website.com/news/this-is-a-post-test  and without doing anything it is automatically redirected to www.website.com/this-is-a-post-test  I remember i had plugin some time ago that looked to match the post and redirect automatically.  Is this function done by your plugin ?  (this is what i needed but i can't find any configuration for that in your panel.

2. I want to change the category to tags and made the following regex in your system 

Source :  [category\/(.*)]

Destination : www.website.com/tag/$1

But it is not working!     

https://regex101.com/r/B0PR5c/1  i see the system place [  ]  and i can't remove it.  How do I fix this?

Cheers

Edited by itisme64

• Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting MyThemeShop and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

Can you please confirm if you have this setting turned off for the Category name to show in the slug?

/wp-admin/admin.php?page=rank-math-options-general

AGfoMH+

Also, can you please provide us with the list of the active plugins? There could be a conflicting plugin installed on your website causing that error.

Looking forward to helping you.

🏁Rank #1 on Google With our WordPress SEO Plugin

Score a 💯on PageSpeed and Dominate Search Rankings.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

Hi  Montgomerie,

Thanks for the reply, that option is on as I want to remove the category slug in the new setup. Maybe i did not explain well  i need to redirect the incoming traffic from   /category/  to /tag/ and use the regex option https://regex101.com/r/B0PR5c/1 

So www.website.com/category/this-is-cat  redirect to www.website.com/tag/this-is-cat   

When i place the regex it place [ ]  and it is not working

Cheers

• Support

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion. Can you please try these settings in the Regex of the plugin?
Source:

[category/(.*)]

Destination:

tag/$1

Also, please provide with the screenshot of what you have set in the Redirection if this doesn't work,

Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

✏ Editing theme files? Please create a child theme to make your changes update-proof.

• Support

Hello,

Can you please set the Comparison type to Regex? It is currently set to Exact:
ceL35t+

Also, please use the redirection type as 307 to test.

Once you know everything's working fine, then update the redirection to 301

Hope that helps. If you have any further question(s), please let us know. Thank you.

• Support

Hello,

Please share WordPress your login details in the "Sensitive Data" section by clicking the Add button on the top and bottom right-hand side on this ticket and follow the instructions shown in the screenshot below:
rQoczm+

Hi, I use my old plugin now for redirections and worked in 1 sec. So i will check your solution again later.

Now comes the next "problem" your sitemap is not accepted by google webmaster tools . I use xml validator and no problem ??  I use my old SEO plugin and place it and no problem.

http://prntscr.com/m8fw4f

http://prntscr.com/m8fwuo

I really hope that i take good decision to work with your plugin as we worked for many years with the famous one and just thought ok lets try something new. 

Cheers

• Support

Hello,

Please accept our deepest apologies.

It seems like a typo in the latest version of the plugin.

Can you please replace the following file in?

\includes\modules\redirections\

https://mythemeshop.d.pr/JsiEDI

For the sitemap's issue, did you try submitting it using the old version of the Search Console i.e. the Webmaster Tools?